Major advantage from a Game Planning Standpint

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
So at this point Texas Tech has basically lost their entire football staff outside of a couple guys. In terms of preparing the team for the bowl game this is going to be a major distraction/issue for them. Now granted we may not be the toughest team to scheme against when we have the football but this should be a significant advantage for our coaching staff leading into this game.

I have to think things are pretty chotic out there with coaches leaving for different jobs and the uncertainty of what direction things are headed. Hopefully we can capitalize in the game.

No more or less of an advantage to game planning. Good coaches focus on things they have control over and not things they can't control. The fact coaches are leaving is irrelevant in their preparation, In My Opinion. They will focus on fundamentals, healing their bodies, adding a few things, and making sure their legs are fresh before they worry about distractions occuring at Texas Tech.

The head coach is gone, the offenive staff is basically gone. An offensive line coach is the interum coach with minimal likelyhood of getting the permanent gig. Any coach still there is networking and getting their resume up to date because they know when a new coach comes in they are gone so they will try to stay ahead of the purge and find a better opportunity. As a staff they could care less about this game, don't get me wrong they will put together a game plan and try to not embarass themselves but in the grand scheme of things they will not put nearly the effort into getting ready for this game that they would under normal circumstances.

It is foolish to think a coaching upheaval this severe is not going to impact the way the team preforms on the 28th. Everything is up in the air down there right now in terms of how this will all play out.

I heard that his he is bringing almost his entire defensive coaching staff with him as well, I think soon too but I'm not 100% certain on that though. It will probably still effect their focus you would think, seeing as they are moving their entire families in a week and starting over.

Many times when a coach leaves, you see the players come out with extra inspiration to play hard for the coach that stuck around. Remember Bill Stewart winning the WVU job after Rich Rod flew the coop?

In the end, the players play the game.

Guess I read the post as game planning advantage to Coach Kill and the U of MN. It gives Coach Kill neither an advantage or disadvantage because he will focus on what he has control over vs what he doesn't (Tuberville departing).

Game management will be a big ? for TT. I don't know what experience the OL coach has as a head coach? If he hasn't done it before, he'll have his hands full and keeping order will be a big deal if they experience game day adversity. At a minimum, it can't help TT unless this OL coach pulls off a Jeff Horton.

Top Bottom