lsu vs. alabama bcs game thread

Go4

Reaction score
let's get it started. it should be fun.

i say lsu wins 20-14

I noticed that neither team has a freshman starter. In fact, I don't think Alabama had more than a two or three sophomores starting.

Just reiterates the importance of retention. Yes, both these teams have a ton of talent, but they're also good because they are able to keep their players for 3-5 years.

I really care about this game. I am watching Pawn Stars.

I noticed that neither team has a freshman starter. In fact, I don't think Alabama had more than a two or three sophomores starting.

Just reiterates the importance of retention. Yes, both these teams have a ton of talent, but they're also good because they are able to keep their players for 3-5 years.

Helps when you oversign

Note to LSU

F O R W A R D P A S S across the M I D D L E

Your QB is awful

Alabama didn't even win their division, how can they have a right to even be in this game, let alone be winning by 6. LSU should be playing against someone more worthy, like, er, OK State. THE BCS IS EVIL!!!

As someone that craves good field position battles that was the most exciting half I've ever seen.

I know the defenses are very good, but how can these teams loaded with 4 & 5 star players not block anyone!!!!

Alabama didn't even win their division, how can they have a right to even be in this game, let alone be winning by 6. LSU should be playing against someone more worthy, like, er, OK State. THE BCS IS EVIL!!!

While I do think it kind of sucks that Alabama could win this time and get the title, I truly feel that the two best teams in the country are in this game. Alabama and LSU can't help that they just happen to be in the same division, preventing one of them from actually winning the division and the confrence title. While I don't like how things have turned out, I'd be much more upset if this was any of the other teams which often get mentioned playing in this game against LSU. In my opinion, none of the others are as good as Bama. You can't lose to Iowa State and think you belong in the title game, especially when the team there instead of you had their only loss be to LSU in OT. You can't even begin to compare those two losses. Just my opinion though.

Sheesh! Bama's D is really something else.

While I do think it kind of sucks that Alabama could win this time and get the title, I truly feel that the two best teams in the country are in this game. Alabama and LSU can't help that they just happen to be in the same division, preventing one of them from actually winning the division and the confrence title. While I don't like how things have turned out, I'd be much more upset if this was any of the other teams which often get mentioned playing in this game against LSU. In my opinion, none of the others are as good as Bama. You can't lose to Iowa State and think you belong in the title game, especially when the team there instead of you had their only loss be to LSU in OT. You can't even begin to compare those two losses. Just my opinion though.

I just can't get over the fact that Alabama already had their chance and failed (at home even). The current system is supposedly set up so every game counts. This proves it doesn't.

I just can't get over the fact that Alabama already had their chance and failed (at home even). The current system is supposedly set up so every game counts. This proves it doesn't.

I know, I know, Bama had their shot and lost. It still doesn't change the fact that Bama is one of the two best teams in the country and shouldn't the title game be between the two best teams? I hate it too, but Bama and LSU are light years ahead of everyone else.

I know, I know, Bama had their shot and lost. It still doesn't change the fact that Bama is one of the two best teams in the country and shouldn't the title game be between the two best teams? I hate it too, but Bama and LSU are light years ahead of everyone else.

It appears they are one of the two best teams in the country, but under the current system there is no way to know for sure.

It appears they are one of the two best teams in the country, but under the current system there is no way to know for sure.

True, but I don't know if anyone else could beat them. I'm not that keen on a tournament because it will still need to be seeded and the two best teams could meet in the quarterfinals. Might be better than what we have now, but not not be. At least Boise State would be in the mix.

Tweet from Tyrann Mathieu after the Rose Bowl: Montee Ball should have put his team on his back #HEISMANFinalist

Montee Balls response after the National Championship: tyrann matthieu shouldve put the team on his back... #heismanfinalist

To be fair, it is easier to stop a CB from putting his team on his back than it is a RB.

I just think the response is hilarious. Montee got called out and he turned it right back on him.

I understand those that say Bama should not be in it...completely understand that take but, I'm not sure how anyone can say these are not the 2 best teams. You CAN NOT lose to Iowa State and be considered a top 2 team. The BCS got it right this year. But, I still want some sort of playoff system.

On another note, I think Bama or LSU's scout teams could give the gophers a good game, im not kidding.

Matheiu was a liablility for this game. When LSU went man Matheiu Was the guy they targeted and he didn't come through. That game might put him out of the heisman race next year if he comes back. He was possibly the worst of the 11 players on LSUs defense tonight.

True, but I don't know if anyone else could beat them. I'm not that keen on a tournament because it will still need to be seeded and the two best teams could meet in the quarterfinals. Might be better than what we have now, but not not be. At least Boise State would be in the mix.

The only way that would happen in a 4-team playoff is if one was ranked #1 and the other was #4 (or #2 vs. #3). Under the current system, if the 2nd best team was ranked #3 or #4, they wouldn't be playing for the NC anyways.

On another note, I think Bama or LSU's scout teams could give the gophers a good game, im not kidding.

LSU and Alabama's scout teams are filled with better players than Minnesota has on their first string. They could give them a game, but either scout team wins by 10-14 points (at least).

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that, for me at least, when I say scout team, I mean second string. I wanted to clarify because some teams use their scout teams differently than others.

Tweet from Tyrann Mathieu after the Rose Bowl: Montee Ball should have put his team on his back #HEISMANFinalist

Montee Balls response after the National Championship: tyrann matthieu shouldve put the team on his back... #heismanfinalist

hahaha, hard to hate on Montee for that response. On a side note, that was a pathetic national championship. Still think that Oklahoma State should have been in it, but Alabama clearly proved that they deserved a shot.

Food for thought. Did Alabama's extra week of rest and preparation have anything to do with the result? Maybe not, but I'm guessing as soon as Auburn was in the rearview mirror, Saban and company assumed they'd be in the title game. Meahwhile, LSU had to get ready to beat Georgia just to assure their place in the game.

hahaha, hard to hate on Montee for that response. On a side note, that was a pathetic national championship. Still think that Oklahoma State should have been in it, but Alabama clearly proved that they deserved a shot.

This was the first "championship" (gotta use quotes anytime referring to this year's joke of a BCS 1 v 2) I have ever failed to watch. I'm not surprised to see I wasn't alone. After going out of my way to avoid it, I was also amused to hear it was just a bad game to watch.

Top Bottom