Louisville

Disagree and agree

Nothing whatsoever to do with basketball.

Always plenty of speculation on Cats Pause.

Who cares?

I disgaree when you suggest something of this nature happening to a premier head coach has nothing to do with basketball. Extortion most certainly could affect on court behaviors. I in no way suggest that happened but the nature of the story is certainly of interest to anyone who is interested in college hoops.

I agree regarding Cats Pause. Who cares what is on that board? Not me.

Nothing whatsoever to do with basketball.

Always plenty of speculation on Cats Pause.

Who cares?

Given that Louisville is among the premier programs in college basketball, and Rick Pitino is one of the biggest names in the coaching world, one would guess there are lots of college basketball fans who will pay attention to this story.

Here's a thread from Indiana board: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=170&f=2353&t=4237569

Here's a thread from the Marquette board (premium): http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=415&f=1316&t=4237570

Here's a thread from the Illinois board: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=169&f=2616&t=4238111

Rick Pitino's son apparently cared enough that he made more or less a lateral move to a lesser program when he recently left for Florida. At a minimum, it appears to be a case involving a high profile guy having an affair with a married woman, who then tried to extort money to keep it quiet.

I understand..

It has nothing to do with basketball.

That was my point.

I understand your point. In a pure sense, yes, this doesnt have to do with x's and o's, etc.

My point is it does have to do with college hoops just as if a great coach was retiring or a school was getting the death penalty for cheating somehow. Stuff that happens to coaches and players is part of basketball. It is all part of the story.

That is all I am sayin'.

:)

It's not just a basketball story, but a national headline.

Better call ESPN and tell them to pull its coverage of the situation. Let me guess, you are a friend of Rick too.

Better call ESPN and tell them to pull its coverage of the situation. Let me guess, you are a friend of Rick too.

There is a lot of salacious info going around the web (a lot of it conjecture and blatantly false) on this situation. I won't share what I know personally from a good source because it's a. unfair to all parties (I have no love for the adults in this situation though. They should and do know better. I feel for the children in both families and a spouse) and b. it's really bad but it has no bearing on the basketball side of things other than it being a potential PR nightmare. Despite what you hear or read the information that is the crux of the FBI investigation has NOTHING to do with point shaving, gambling, illegal recruiting, etc.

What I will say is the following:

Rick's wandering eye is well known and documented. Joanne has left him on more than one occasion over these types of situations but always reconciled for the good of the family. People will say what they want about Joanne but she's been through a lot and doesn't deserve it. I admire her for putting her children first. If any of this goes public it will be embarrassing to Rick and his family personally and will be a black eye on the UofL program because it involves two university employees. The only reason Rick Pitino is still employed at this point is because of money and his and the UofL AD's influence.

There is a lot of salacious info going around the web (a lot of it conjecture and blatantly false) on this situation. I won't share what I know personally from a good source because it's a. unfair to all parties (I have no love for the adults in this situation though. They should and do know better. I feel for the children in both families and a spouse) and b. it's really bad but it has no bearing on the basketball side of things other than it being a potential PR nightmare. Despite what you hear or read the information that is the crux of the FBI investigation has NOTHING to do with point shaving, gambling, illegal recruiting, etc.

What I will say is the following:

Rick's wandering eye is well known and documented. Joanne has left him on more than one occasion over these types of situations but always reconciled for the good of the family. People will say what they want about Joanne but she's been through a lot and doesn't deserve it. I admire her for putting her children first. If any of this goes public it will be embarrassing to Rick and his family personally and will be a black eye on the UofL program because it involves two university employees. The only reason Rick Pitino is still employed at this point is because of money and his and the UofL AD's influence.

IF that is true, just one more reason why Tubby > Pitino. Tubby, Donna, Saul, GG & Lori, and Brian are a terrific family.

I feel really bad for Pitino's kids if any of this is true. YUCK!

Wandering eye? :clap:

"wandering eye" is a common colloquialism for that type of behavior, but the phrase always makes me chuckle because if the eye were the only part of the anatomy to be wandering nobody would be raising a stink.

Reminds me of a famous quote

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

IF that is true, just one more reason why Tubby > Pitino. Tubby, Donna, Saul, GG & Lori, and Brian are a terrific family.

Just when I thought you could possibly not get ANY lower after your last baseless, offensive remark I come back to find you've hit a solid double in the A-Hole Derby.

It's not a contest FoT and you trying to prop up your "friend" at the expense of an innocent wife and children is disgusting to me. I know Richard Pitino a little bit through a mutual friend I grew up playing ball with and he's a great guy from what I can tell. Just because his father is a louse and can't keep it in his pants doesn't say anything about his wife or children.

FOT ... Disagree

It's salacious.

But it ain't basketball.

Major character flaws that can translate into legal issues are big concern. Any leader who leads a wreckless life that potentially damages the reputation of the organization who employs him is up for scrutiny. In this case he leads Louisville basketball, a highly visible position, and is employed by a publicly funded institution. It is nice to think you can compartmentalize your behavior to allow only positive things to see the light of day.....but it does not work that way. This is most definitely about basketball and the culture of a program.

Just when I thought you could possibly not get ANY lower after your last baseless, offensive remark I come back to find you've hit a solid double in the A-Hole Derby.

It's not a contest FoT and you trying to prop up your "friend" at the expense of an innocent wife and children is disgusting to me. I know Richard Pitino a little bit through a mutual friend I grew up playing ball with and he's a great guy from what I can tell. Just because his father is a louse and can't keep it in his pants doesn't say anything about his wife or children.

Just when I think you couldn't POSSIBLY post something stupider, you do.

I didn't even mention Richard (the son) Pitino. I said Tubby > Rick (the dad) Pitino.

Damn you're dumb!

Top Bottom