Loudest College Football Stadium Rankings Entering The 2022 Season (47. Huntington Bank Stadium)

Will be curious to hear what Gopher fans who have visited other stadiums think.

Will be curious to hear what Gopher fans who have visited other stadiums think.
I've only been to:

Michigan

OSU

Illinois

Maryland

Iowa

and Wisconsin

So far.

With that said, OSU was the loudest. At Michigan the sound mostly went up and out. Iowa might be louder for the players, because it seems like the first few rows are right on top of the field. Haven't been to Camp Randall (sp?) since the remodel.

Last edited:

I've been to both Notre Dame and OSU. The fans there expect them to be dominate in every game and spend a lot of time grumbling if it doesn't go their way. I don't compare loudness to complaining. The fans at OSU were great to us, but that was a year the Gophers played OSU pretty tough, so it was more subdued. I'm sure a Michigan game is a little more intense.

Of the stadiums listed, I've been to MI (against OSU), OSU (against MI), WI, and IA

Michigan is (by far) the "least loud" of the four - part of it has to do with wide stadium bowl design (there is no "second deck") and part of it is because Michigan fans are known for sitting on their hands. The only reason the venue may generate any loudness is because they have 100k+ fans in the stands.

Of the others, I would say OSU>IA>WI (but it is pretty close overall between the three)

Top Bottom