Lots of cool stuff about Golden Gophers football

Great reading material. Lots of interesting stuff in there. Is this a press guide for the game or what?

Thanks for the link! seems like there would be proprietory concerns, but ok.

Great link, thanks

Wow, looking at the Stats from last year I didn't relize just how bad our rushing game was....a season long run of only 37 yards and Gray being our leading rusher whereas the Stats against us are is dominated by opposing RB's, that's pretty telling and hopefully improves this year.

Great link, thanks

Wow, looking at the Stats from last year I didn't relize just how bad our rushing game was....a season long run of only 37 yards and Gray being our leading rusher whereas the Stats against us are is dominated by opposing RB's, that's pretty telling and hopefully improves this year.

I gathered some stats on the Gophers rushing yards in each of last season's games from the media guide.

USC: 110
NMSU: 181
Miami: 236
NDSU: 168
Michigan: 73
Purdue: 100
Nebraska: 136
Iowa: 178
MSU: 120
Wisconsin: 105
Northwestern: 269
Illinois: 248

It looks like the rushing game really came on the last two games.

I'm sure Kill is itching for a season opening win, 4 straight losses, favored in none of them, all on the road. Probably nice to at least open the year as a favorite finally again for him.

I think the one thing that jumped out at me was that I thought Hawthorne did a lot worse last year. He didn't miss any inside 30, went 2-3 30-39, 1-2 40-49 and 0-1 50+ and went 14-15 PAT. Wettstein didn't miss any field goals (including 2-2 40-49 and 1-1 50+) and went 9-10 PAT. But I just remember thinking that Hawthorne was awful. Maybe I don't remember all the circumstances now but missing one field goal inside 40 yards isn't that bad.

I guess based on this I'll be interested to see which one gets the start. Or if they have a short leash and get pulled after a miss.

Top Bottom