Lost 2 commits

Maroon92

Reaction score
Not sure if I had seen this or not on the forum.

"The Gophers football team has had two players de-commit from its 2016 recruiting class in recent days, according to multiple recruiting sites.

Andre Polk, a linebacker from South Fort Myers High School, flipped his committed to South Florida, and Tralund Webber, a junior college defensive end, has flipped to Oklahoma State.

Both are consensus three-star recruits who plan to enroll at their new schools in January, giving them a chance to participate in spring practice. Webber is currently attending Blinn College, a junior college in Brenham, Texas."

This is not a good sign-- anyone have knowledge of why. I am hoping it was to be closer to home and not our coaching change. One of the factors I was in favor of signing Claeys quickly was to keep the current class intact. I was really looking forward to seeing Polk and his quotes after he committed sounded like he was very solid.

Polk cited playing time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Polk cited playing time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

really? I think he would have cracked the two deeps for sure and been one of the star players in 2-3 years. The DE is something that we really needed to have as we are in short supply of them

Not sure if I had seen this or not on the forum.

"The Gophers football team has had two players de-commit from its 2016 recruiting class in recent days, according to multiple recruiting sites.

Andre Polk, a linebacker from South Fort Myers High School, flipped his committed to South Florida, and Tralund Webber, a junior college defensive end, has flipped to Oklahoma State.

Both are consensus three-star recruits who plan to enroll at their new schools in January, giving them a chance to participate in spring practice. Webber is currently attending Blinn College, a junior college in Brenham, Texas."

This is not a good sign-- anyone have knowledge of why. I am hoping it was to be closer to home and not our coaching change. One of the factors I was in favor of signing Claeys quickly was to keep the current class intact. I was really looking forward to seeing Polk and his quotes after he committed sounded like he was very solid.
There's a whole thread dedicated to recruiting, you should give it a read. Kids commit and de-commit every year for various reasons, it was bound to happen this year too, don't read too much into it.

There's a whole thread dedicated to recruiting, you should give it a read. Kids commit and de-commit every year for various reasons, it was bound to happen this year too, don't read too much into it.

thanks-- I didnt feel like scrolling though the 150 pages but figured it might have come up.

He knows about it. Below is a post of his from that thread from yesterday.

To be honest we did also. Has the last week of decommitments have anything to do with Claeys vs Kill?

ZOMG! Kaler better hurry up and hire Clayes permanently to stop this rash of defections!

Top Bottom