Looks like Wingo is going to announce tomorrow night...

Wingo would be a nice addition, I'd have to favor Missouri or Illinois though.

Wingo would be a nice addition, I'd have to favor Missouri or Illinois though.

Friendly wager, I'll take Arkansas you got Mizzou & Illinois and I'll even throw in Kansas...straight up. Minnesota is a push and everybody's happy.

But we're going to have to delay it for at least a day due to 1-2 inches of snow in MO. The world is so different in other areas of the country.

But we're going to have to delay it for at least a day due to 1-2 inches of snow in MO. The world is so different in other areas of the country.

My brother goes to high school in St. Louis. Sounds like once the forecast called for snow, the schools called tomorrow off. Geez...

My brother goes to high school in St. Louis. Sounds like once the forecast called for snow, the schools called tomorrow off. Geez...

according to one st louis resident at scout, it looks like it might be postponed.

Rivals lists him as having zero interest in Minnesota. Looks like it's down to Arkansas, Illinois and Mizzou.

Guys dont worry so much. Yes we haven't done very well here at the end, but look at the situation we were in. These kids build up a relationship over a year ago with coordinators that are long gone and we haven't lost any committed players (other than academic issues) which is a big plus in this day. Even if we are done at this point I like our class, could it be better? Obviously. Would it be better with Mason? :D

According to rivals which I consider the best out there we have two 4* (which are rated at 5.8-5.9) but 8, 3* that are 5.7. That means we have 8 kids that if they would have had a little better coaching, had 5 more pounds, ran a 4.45 instead of 4.5, been 6-1 instead of 5-10 (you get what I'm saying) very easily could be 4* aswell! I know its a big "IF" but these are some very talented kids we have coming in.

My last rant goes out to those people that say we have extra 'ships to go out to some lower level local kids. I couldn't disagree more! If giving out that 'ship to say Corey Frazier or Fritz Rock (not saying they aren't great kids and good players, but may never see the field) means we can't offer a 4-5 star kid that we might not have a great shot at but its a shot next year cuz we don't have the 'ships is not how the college ranks work anymore. I'm all for any kid walking-on at the U.

Continue selling this state and university the way you have been Brew! We will be part of your 50,000 strong!

Rivals lists him as having zero interest in Minnesota. Looks like it's down to Arkansas, Illinois and Mizzou.

Does he say in an article somewhere it is down to those 3? Is this just a "feeling" Rival's has? Why I wonder is that if MN in no longer an option then why is he holding off his decision until MN can get down there for a final visit?

My last rant goes out to those people that say we have extra 'ships to go out to some lower level local kids. I couldn't disagree more! If giving out that 'ship to say Corey Frazier or Fritz Rock (not saying they aren't great kids and good players, but may never see the field) means we can't offer a 4-5 star kid that we might not have a great shot at but its a shot next year cuz we don't have the 'ships is not how the college ranks work anymore.

FiveStar-It is my understanding that the NCAA limits a team to offering 25 scholarships per year. Every other year they can exceed that by 3 scholarships so 28 is the max a team can bring in. A team can also oversign that number by 3 so techinically we can accept 31 letters of intent but only 28 can come in the fall. We offered more than 25 last year, less than that this year, and we can offer more than 25 next year.

We have 30+ seniors next year which means that we will have enough scholarships of graduating players to offer the limit of 28 scholarships. As we roll off more than 30 schollies but can only bring in 28 scholarship athletes we are going to have some scholarships that will be used by walk on players.

Saving the scholarships for next year just means we will have even more scholarships that can't be offered to recruits. In reality, saving a scholarship this year is saving it to offer two years from now.

My last rant goes out to those people that say we have extra 'ships to go out to some lower level local kids. I couldn't disagree more! If giving out that 'ship to say Corey Frazier or Fritz Rock (not saying they aren't great kids and good players, but may never see the field) means we can't offer a 4-5 star kid that we might not have a great shot at but its a shot next year cuz we don't have the 'ships is not how the college ranks work anymore. I'm all for any kid walking-on at the U.

I completely agree with you that these guys maybe should take a backseat to some big timers that we still have a shot with, but I do think there are some positives to offering them scholarships. Building relationships and pipelines to two of Minnesota's most talent laden schools in recent history to me seems worthwhile. While it would be nice to gain a verbal from a more talented player, this sort of "reaching out" to local big name schools with tons of talent can help us with future 3*, 4*, and hopefully 5* players in the future.

Correct, The Big Ten allows you to over sign by 3 to 28. All other conferences(looking at you SEC) allows schools to bring in 31 which means they are kicking alot of kids out of school or bringing in kids they know wont make it.

A way around it, as for next year is to get 5 kids to come in early, I not sure the exact number but kids who are early enrollees you are able to count 4-5 of them against the previous years count or as many as it would take to get to 25. For example is Minnesota signs 21 this year they have 4 kids start school next spring and they could count against this years total thus allowing the 2010 signing day class to get up to 25. Its a hard rule to keep track up due to all the shuffling.

Top Bottom