Looks like a couple guaranteed loses for the Gophers this year

stevedave23

Reaction score
Bill Witvoet is officiating the Purdue vs. Notre Dame game. I can't ever remember him offiiciating a game that the gophers won. Seriously.

How old is this guy? I'm having flashbacks of the NFL's Dick Hantak.

He has been pretty favorable to the Notre Dame o-line, IMO. They've been holding Kerrigan most of the day without so much as a whistle.

Sooooo Funny You Posted This

Bill Witvoet is officiating the Purdue vs. Notre Dame game. I can't ever remember him offiiciating a game that the gophers won. Seriously.

How old is this guy? I'm having flashbacks of the NFL's Dick Hantak.

I said precisely this very thing. Witvoet is THE worst !!!! Note that I am not a "blame the officials" guy, but that guy has strangely been working many of the games of infamy in recent Gopher football history.

Coincidence?

:(

You definitely don't want to see him when you play Michigan. I swear I saw a GO BLUE T-Shirt underneath his uniform one time. My only hope is that we get more of a fair shake from him now that we have less Ohio kids on our roster and a coach who doesn't have an outspoken dream of coaching Ohio State.

The list is long but most recently he was the referee for the gopher/badger game last year. That game had an ungodly number of bad calls against both teams. Most of them had a huge impact on the game, the hallmark of bad officiating.

Guaranteed loses. I hope we don't loose. Go to a Minnesota pubic or privat skool?

He wasn't terrible today I thought. Was Kerrigan being held, ya but he was still extremely effective today(which is not good news for B10 QB's). There wasn't any completely terrible holds they missed, overall him and his crew did a pretty good job. Today Notre Dame's D-line beat Purdue O-line. That was more or less the difference in the game. Hopefully my Boilermakers can straighten some basic things out and roll into Columbus on a 5 game winning streak.

Actually its Dave Witvoet. How he maintains his gig with the Big 10 is an embarassment.

Actually its Dave Witvoet. How he maintains his gig with the Big 10 is an embarassment.

Not only that, but an even further embarrassment is the fact he must somehow get rated well. He was the referee in the 2005 national title game! It is one of the great questions of life...how the hell did Dave Witvoet get a national title game assignment, let alone keep his weekly Big Ten gig.

Not only that, but an even further embarrassment is the fact he must somehow get rated well. He was the referee in the 2005 national title game! It is one of the great questions of life...how the hell did Dave Witvoet get a national title game assignment, let alone keep his weekly Big Ten gig.

Maybe there are some things that men never talk about.....

In all seriousness, he probably makes up for the bad calls with many simple "good" ones. Quantity over quality.

Top Bottom