Looking Up For PAC12

You can test players until the cows come home. The problem always was, and will continue to be: selfish students who can't control themselves, partying and spreading the virus.

They actually had it backwards, this whole time: if you really wanted football to start on time this fall ... there never should've been any students coming back to campuses. Should've always been all virtual.

You can test players until the cows come home. The problem always was, and will continue to be: selfish students who can't control themselves, partying and spreading the virus.

They actually had it backwards, this whole time: if you really wanted football to start on time this fall ... there never should've been any students coming back to campuses. Should've always been all virtual.
Well they are there, they are practicing... what are they gaining by not getting to play?

The more players they test the less likely there will be a full season.

If a test has a 1% false positive rate (really great for a 15 minute test for a new disease) that means 1-2 players or staff members will test positive every day. 10-15 a week. Even if nobody has Covid.

99.9% accuracy still means most programs will have a positive test every week.

If a test has a 1% false positive rate (really great for a 15 minute test for a new disease) that means 1-2 players or staff members will test positive every day. 10-15 a week. Even if nobody has Covid.

A testing expert at Harvard, Michael Mina (I guess I need a disclaimer here going forward that I am not said expert, although that sets people off as well) repeat rapid testing or confirmation with a more sensitive test will reduce false positives to a negligible level approaching zero. Critics can discount his opinion as you will although it makes mathematical sense...

A testing expert at Harvard, Michael Mina (I guess I need a disclaimer here going forward that I am not said expert, although that sets people off as well) repeat rapid testing or confirmation with a more sensitive test will reduce false positives to a negligible level approaching zero. Critics can discount his opinion as you will although it makes mathematical sense...

Yeah, that's a good point. They would almost have to have a 2nd confirmation positive to "do" anything.

Yes, if they stop testing the virus will disappear....

Top Bottom