Looking Ahead to Michigan

Reaction score
If there is a year to beat Michigan in the Big House this is it the way they have played the last few weeks. I do believe our WR play is better and they will get open in the Michigan game. If Nelson can hit those throws that he missed today this could be a game but if he misses them again we are gone. I truly think this team is improved just had plays that could not be made through the pass game and if they can be made we could pull off the upset. Just making a point.

I've seen more sophisticated offenses run in 6th grade flag football.
Nelson will not make those throws because he panics when the primary is not open or throws to them anyway when they are double or triple covered. He is horrible right now and why they did start Mitch
is beyond me. Most of the completions were high or off target.

But that is the thing if and i mean IF we can hit those throws we have shot at winning the games whether Nelson stops panicking and fixes this which i dont think he will or they put in Leidner which I personally think he will not panic as much as Nelson and hit those throws. We will have WR's open this year in upcoming games to give us shots at winning games when our D keeps us into it and our running suffers we will have open WR's and it comes down to making those throws and Nelson looked awful. Put Leidner in and see if he can do so because if we can get a calm QB in the pocket this year and sit back calmly making those throws that were missed by Nelson this will not be as bad of a year as people are thinking right now.

If we come out with the same vanilla style Offense we've seen all season we're not beating Michigan in the Big House...

If we come out with the same vanilla style Offense we've seen all season we're not beating Michigan in the Big House...

In fact, we may ask to shorten the 4th qtr due to the score similar to what was done during the Miami blow out win.

This.

Run, Run, Pass, Punt will not get it done in the B1G. Certainly not at Michigan.

Michigan's offensive line and their skill players are all-around better and bigger than Iowa's. If we think it was a mauling on Saturday, we had better hope that Michigan is hung over from a bye week.

Here's to hoping that the coaches find something in Michigan's schemes that they can exploit. However, if they continue to run the simple plays that they have held to over the first five weeks we may see another game where we are begging for the boys to get 100 yards in total offense. This is a game where you hope against hope that the kids can reach down to a level they have never yet reached to and pull off a stunning upset.

If we would have hit those throws during the Iowa game the game could have been a different result and we would talking positive about this game but those throws missed killed the game. If we come out with the same missing throw after throw offense we will. If we correct that problem we could gy some scores and then again the D didn't play terrible this past week. If we can hit plays we missed against Iowa and our big D players can stop Michigan a couple of times, the country may be surprised. Do I think whoever is QB which is probably Nelson is going to hit the open WRs he missed last week this next week? Probably not but if coach kill can get something together fix what they did wrong last week you could see something like 2 years ago against Michigan St.

I'm really concerned with how our offensive line is going to win a game in the B1G. This game has blowout written all over it.

Prove me wrong, Gophers. Please.

Top Bottom