Lobbing Out More Criticism

Breakin' The Plane

Reaction score
Brewster stinks, Weber stinks, Cosgrove stinks, etc. Tim Davis hasn't received a lot of criticism on here, but I think he deserves it. The running game has been downright putrid the last 3 weeks. Apparently he can get decent run blocking out of the line if he's got an opponent that the Gophers outweigh by 65 lbs per man (ala MTSU). Other than that, the line gets abolutely no push. If you can't get 1 yard, you don't deserve to win.

Nice take, clearly there is a lot of blame to go around

Oh how I dread next Saturday and the Saturday after that and the Saturday after that....

Brewster stinks, Weber stinks, Cosgrove stinks, etc. Tim Davis hasn't received a lot of criticism on here, but I think he deserves it. The running game has been downright putrid the last 3 weeks. Apparently he can get decent run blocking out of the line if he's got an opponent that the Gophers outweigh by 65 lbs per man (ala MTSU). Other than that, the line gets abolutely no push. If you can't get 1 yard, you don't deserve to win.

We have been hearing how great Davis is since he came on the scene. We had a better O line in 2006/2007.

Brewster squandered the talents of Shidell and Brinkhous. This line is better than it was last year, but who cares. In reality, no one really improves much under this staff.

After watching Horton call three straight runs on second, third, and fourth and short and not make it, he needs to take some heat as well. We were in the game at that point. If the line isn't getting consistent push, you've got to mix it up there.

The thing that baffles me is that the defense puts 10 guys in the box and totally sells out to the run and we do exactly what they expect everytime. Announcers have made comments about us running the same running play over and over and over. No wonder we gained 83 yards we do the same thing over and expect different results. :rolleyes:

Exactly-it is all about coaching decisions. It sounds great to say, "we can run the football." Well, we can't. But the coaching staff won't take what the defense gives them. Use the pass to set up the run. Duh. Sun Tzu said it best over 2000 or odd yrs ago: avoid strength and exploit/attack weakness. When 9 are in the box, pass. When less than 9 in the box, run. That should be in highlighted marker on all of the coaches clipboards. Damn silly.

It's amazing to me that just a year ago the rallying cry was "Why don't we stick with the run? We give up on it so fast." And this year the rallying cry is "All we do is try and run it. We need to try something new." It can't be both guys.

I didn't mind us running more but our recieving corp is much more talented than our running backs. Get the ball in the hands of Gray, Stoudlemire, Mcknight, Lair and Green. We need to use those guys more and air it out. Our running backs are okay but not nearly as talented as our recievers.

It's amazing to me that just a year ago the rallying cry was "Why don't we stick with the run? We give up on it so fast." And this year the rallying cry is "All we do is try and run it. We need to try something new." It can't be both guys.

We did need to run more...just not the exact same play everytime...

Top Bottom