LNH: Julian Welch commits to the Gophers

Reaction score
Wow, is this brutal. I'm trying to pass time before a certain basketball game tomorrow night and had been meaning to try out some things on my $59 desktop (literally... $59). The audio is bad, visuals even worse, but a few tidbits in this video re: Julian Welch and his time at UC-Davis.

If I try this again, I'll need to find some new software... ugh.

YouTube Video: Late Night Hoops: Julian Welch commits to the Gophers

Really in-depth on the information! I think I heard you correctly, that he red shirted at Cal-Davis? I sure wasn't aware of that. Great job with the stats. Good luck tomorrow. Keep up the good work.

Really in-depth on the information! I think I heard you correctly, that he red shirted at Cal-Davis? I sure wasn't aware of that. Great job with the stats. Good luck tomorrow. Keep up the good work.

I enjoyed it as well, great voice for radio/YouTube JayBee.

Fan of Ray Williams, the redshirt at Cal-Davis and his own Juco coaches admission that Julian is not a point guard are significant concerns for me. I've mentioned it before, but it seems like quite a leap for a kid to go from not talented enough to play as a freshman at the UC Davis level to starter on a team with NCAA tournament expectations in the Big Ten in 3 years. That seems like quite a jump, and it gets even bigger when he's expected to play a position he's only played for part of a season at a lower level JUCO.

That doesn't mean that Welch cannot succeed, but it seems like quite a leap to just pencil him in to the starting lineup with the Gophers and assume things will be ok.

Who crowned Welch the starting point guard? I want guards who can score in multiple ways and/or handle the ball! Maybe he comes with leadership skills.

$59 ??

Wow, is this brutal. I'm trying to pass time before a certain basketball game tomorrow night and had been meaning to try out some things on my $59 desktop (literally... $59). The audio is bad, visuals even worse, but a few tidbits in this video re: Julian Welch and his time at UC-Davis.

If I try this again, I'll need to find some new software... ugh.

YouTube Video: Late Night Hoops: Julian Welch commits to the Gophers

$59 ???

Must be the same thing the Twins used as servers today for their online ticket sales. What an Epic FAIL they constructed.

Hours of waiting only to be met with a white screen of death. :mad:

http://www.startribune.com/local/118299484.html

$59 ???

Must be the same thing the Twins used as servers today for their online ticket sales. What an Epic FAIL they constructed.

Hours of waiting only to be met with a white screen of death. :mad:

http://www.startribune.com/local/118299484.html

That sucks. But I honestly don't know why people do this. The tickets on Stub Hub, etc. are only going to be a 10-20% more than face for most games. I for one would not waste hours of my time online and take whatever seats are left when I can sit where I want and make the purchase in about 5 minutes by paying a few bucks more.

howe

That sucks. But I honestly don't know why people do this. The tickets on Stub Hub, etc. are only going to be a 10-20% more than face for most games. I for one would not waste hours of my time online and take whatever seats are left when I can sit where I want and make the purchase in about 5 minutes by paying a few bucks more.

My friend, I am an idiot. After a couple hours I got stubburn and kept trying. Finally about 7 PM I could get in but they had virtually no games with 2 seats next to each other except in the outer reaches of the third deck.

Still :mad:

My friend, I am an idiot. After a couple hours I got stubburn and kept trying. Finally about 7 PM I could get in but they had virtually no games with 2 seats next to each other except in the outer reaches of the third deck.

Still :mad:

Stub Hub is your friend. That said, I skipped it for a couple games last year, planning to scalp outside the stadium. There wasn't many scalpers, but we walked up to the box office 10 minutes before 1st pitch and bought seats right behind home plate for 1 game and in row one over the dugout for the following day. How do they have seats like that in August when the game is sold out in March? Beats me.

Random question on Welch: Is he going to be a Junior eligibility-wise next year? I know he had the whole UC-Davis stint, but I'm not certain on anything. Apologize if this has been covered.

Random question on Welch: Is he going to be a Junior eligibility-wise next year? I know he had the whole UC-Davis stint, but I'm not certain on anything. Apologize if this has been covered.

He used one year of eligibility at UC Davis and one at Yuba so he'll have two years left.

Top Bottom