Liz Cheney Slaps Down Trump's Attempt To Redefine 2020 Election As 'THE BIG LIE'

Spoofin

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this statement?

What do I think of it?
Considering I’m not a Trump fan, didn’t vote Trump, and would prefer he just goes away (all things I have said many times), I would say my thoughts are that I don’t like it and wish it wasn’t true? Should I start a Twitter account to make that official.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
What do I think of it?
Considering I’m not a Trump fan, didn’t vote Trump, and would prefer he just goes away (all things I have said many times), I would say my thoughts are that I don’t like it and wish it wasn’t true? Should I start a Twitter account to make that official.

How about if you voice your displeasure with the events of January 6 and Trump's and his minions' attempts at a soft coup and their continuing propagation of the Big Lie just a little more frequently; maybe balance out the number of times you criticize lefties. Maybe you could even reconsider your stance on lefties being 'obsessed' with Trump; I mean, is ignoring what Trump and his followers are attempting to do really a wise approach?

Food for thought. After all, you're a 'neutral'... yes?

cncmin

Reaction score
Maybe THIS will be a turning point for the QOP.
pfft. There have been about 100 previous should-have-been turning points, many worse than this one. It seems the depths of the abyss the QOP is willing to sink to have no bottom.

cncmin

Reaction score
Such foolishness. They all think if they ignore it, it will go away. But their comrades love and worship him, and the party leaders fear his cult.
The biggest problem is that most of the party leaders are also part of the cult.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
The biggest problem is that most of the party leaders are also part of the cult.

Well, Liz Cheney has her faults, and I disagree with much of what she stands for. But she is certainly no cultist. On the issue of Trump, she is clear-eyed and articulate. She tells it like it is. Example:

“He’s causing people to believe that they can’t count on our electoral process to actually convey the will of the people,” she said of his refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election in an interview with “Fox News Sunday.” “We have to be a nation of laws. If you continue to reject, if you work against the rulings of our courts, then you really are at war with the Constitution. And he is a continuing danger to our system.”

In an interview with ABC News’ “This Week,” recorded Friday, Cheney said only a small number of her GOP colleagues actually believe the election was stolen from Trump and that more of them would have publicly supported her if not for fear of their own safety.

“We now live in a country where members’ votes are affected because they’re worried about their security, they’re worried about threats on their lives,” she said, while also calling some of her colleagues’ dismissal of the Jan. 6 attack at the U.S. Capitol “indefensible.”

“It’s disgraceful and despicable,” she said, while specifically mentioning Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.) recently downplaying the riot, which left five people dead, as something resembling “a normal tourist visit.”

“I won’t be part of whitewashing what happened on Jan. 6. Nobody should be a part of it and people ought to be held accountable,” she said, while calling Trump’s staunch political supporters ― including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and her GOP chair replacement Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) ― complicit in his lies.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Such foolishness. They all think if they ignore it, it will go away. But their comrades love and worship him, and the party leaders fear his cult.
So folks love and worship him and also want him to go away? That makes lots of sense.
You get to talk Trump all day, every day. Nothing makes you happier. You dream about Trump. You likely haven’t gone a day in the last 4.5 years without making someone else listen to you tell them about Trump. Trump Trump Trump. Blah. Blah. Blah.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
So folks love and worship him and also want him to go away? That makes lots of sense.
You get to talk Trump all day, every day. Nothing makes you happier. You dream about Trump. You likely haven’t gone a day in the last 4.5 years without making someone else listen to you tell them about Trump. Trump Trump Trump. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Sedition, insurrection, and constant, continuing, destructive lies about the election... all of this is simply blah, blah, blah to The Fraud.

The Fraud: he's always busy, doing exactly what it is that frauds do.

cncmin

Reaction score
Well, Liz Cheney has her faults, and I disagree with much of what she stands for. But she is certainly no cultist. On the issue of Trump, she is clear-eyed and articulate. She tells it like it is. Example:

“He’s causing people to believe that they can’t count on our electoral process to actually convey the will of the people,” she said of his refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election in an interview with “Fox News Sunday.” “We have to be a nation of laws. If you continue to reject, if you work against the rulings of our courts, then you really are at war with the Constitution. And he is a continuing danger to our system.”

In an interview with ABC News’ “This Week,” recorded Friday, Cheney said only a small number of her GOP colleagues actually believe the election was stolen from Trump and that more of them would have publicly supported her if not for fear of their own safety.

“We now live in a country where members’ votes are affected because they’re worried about their security, they’re worried about threats on their lives,” she said, while also calling some of her colleagues’ dismissal of the Jan. 6 attack at the U.S. Capitol “indefensible.”

“It’s disgraceful and despicable,” she said, while specifically mentioning Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.) recently downplaying the riot, which left five people dead, as something resembling “a normal tourist visit.”

“I won’t be part of whitewashing what happened on Jan. 6. Nobody should be a part of it and people ought to be held accountable,” she said, while calling Trump’s staunch political supporters ― including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and her GOP chair replacement Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) ― complicit in his lies.

RM, keep in mind I said "most of the party leaders..." Additionally, Ms. Cheney has been booted from party leadership for not being part of the cult. CANCEL CULTURE in full force, fascism style.

stocker08

Reaction score

Ding ding ding. As for ignoring it....many of the righties like fraudin and deuce are simply posturing. You won't hear them talking bad about the repubs who are censuring and attacking non election truthers because they secretly like it.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Ding ding ding. As for ignoring it....many of the righties like fraudin and deuce are simply posturing. You won't hear them talking bad about the repubs who are censuring and attacking non election truthers because they secretly like it.
1621372827139.png

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

The Democrats disputed the results of 2016 for four years. They even paid for Russian intel operatives to create a fake Russian dossier against Trump, they intentionally lied to the FISC to illegally spy on the POTUS, and pushed the idea that Russia had handed Trump the presidency for four years. So ,spare us the crap about Trump causing people to lose faith in our election process.

The Dems said for YEARS that electronic voting machines were too easy to hack and/or manipulate, and that mail-in ballots were inaccurate, only do a 180' months before the 2020 election. We know Dominion machines, which are banned in some countries for shenanigans, and were rejected by some states for being too sketchy, produced false results or had serious glitches in Michigan, New Hampshire, & Pennsylvania, at least.

When the sales pitch for your voting machines is that the results can be secretly changed through the back end, your company should be smashed into a thousand pieces & tossed in the trash bin.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Yep, MAGA is going to flood the election committees, and ensure no more election shenanigans occur. No more millions in dark money from progressive billionaires to election officials, no more Zuckerberg "special training" to election judges who count the adjudicated ballots, no more Dominion machines, no more cardboard on the windows while they count the ballots, no more running the same ballots multiple times, no more stopping the vote count mid-election, no more statistically unheard of vote drops in the middle of the night, photo ID will be required & ballot harvesting ended. Deal with it.

stocker08

Reaction score
Thankfully the conclusion of the Cyber Ninjas "audit" will be just the disinfectant and sunlight these people need to move on.

Yes. Along with all the appeals and lawsuits that Trump brought on behalf of the stolen election lie.....the Q ninja audit will put this all to rest once and for all.

Then the right will come back to reality.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Yes. Along with all the appeals and lawsuits that Trump brought on behalf of the stolen election lie.....the Q ninja audit will put this all to rest once and for all.

Then the right will come back to reality.
I hope you are right, but I don't think it will ever end. I also think that is by design.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Thankfully the conclusion of the Cyber Ninjas "audit" will be just the disinfectant and sunlight these people need to move on.
But they had suitcases full of ballots at the same time the water leak stopped the counting nationwide. You can't forget this.

Top Bottom