Liz Cheney Slaps Down Trump's Attempt To Redefine 2020 Election As 'THE BIG LIE'

cncmin

Reaction score
You have hit on it here. I'd probably argue the scales tipped for me about a week after the election when it became clear where this was headed, but the unwillingness to accept the results of the election is not a line I'm willing to cross personally. Absent fair and free elections and the acknowledgment of the results, who are we?

Prior to the election, my choice was binary as I'm not a third party candidate subscriber. So I needed to choose between a repugnant man who thought only about himself but whose policies I could get behind for the most part and a past his prime candidate receiving push to pass far left legislation. It wasn't a particularly hard choice for me in early November. But it also wouldn't be a hard choice for me post 1/6/2021. It just would be a different choice.
You're a good person, G18, but I still have to ask:
How does a decent person like you make it through all of the previous decade of disgusting fraud and corruption by that man to the 1/6 tipping point? Are you really that afraid of Democrats that you'd prefer gross corruption with authoritarian/fascistic tendency to Democrats in the absence of overt insurrection; and if so, why?

cncmin

Reaction score
Trump spent like a drunken sailor. That's not conservative. You guys are deluded.
Liz Cheney is "conservative". Adam Kinzinger is conservative. Jeff Flake is conservative. Justin Amash is conservative. Trumpism is far closer to RW fascism than RW conservatism.

cncmin

Reaction score
Donald Trump is NOT what is best for the country. He is a machiavellian through and through and he is playing evanjellyfish and fundamentalist Christians like Nero played the fiddle. Christians need to dump Trump.
I agree.

Curious, when did you realize this (approx. what year and/or year/month)?

STPGopher

Reaction score
Trump spent like a drunken sailor. That's not conservative. You guys are deluded.
344e41cd-ef7a-47bd-b5f7-2e8b9f5f83e8_text.gif

MennoSota

Reaction score
I don't think Trump is a devout Christian, but at least Christians didn't have to worry about Trump arresting them up for attending church, or pushing the idea that Christians are Domestic terrorists. Christians know who Trump is, they didn't get bamboozled, but they also know the Democrats absolutely hate them.
I don't think most Democrats hate Christians. There are many Christians who vote Democrat. The strong disagreement is regarding the nature of the human condition and how best to check that nature. On this question there is debate which directly affects policy.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I agree.

Curious, when did you realize this (approx. what year and/or year/month)?
The moment Franklin Graham and Jerry Falwell Jr endorsed Trump. I could not vote for Trump in either Presidential election. I always considered him morally bankrupt and his unwillingness to repent confirmed it. He is the poster child of a narcissist.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Keep the best...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAihuxQNS1g

stocker08

Reaction score
Honestly....it is best for the democrats to see weak minded, spineless saps continue to fall in behind Trump. The party as a whole is spiraling out of control due to the rift he's created. It makes no sense. They run a candidate with a little bit of sensibility and rationality....and they have a much better shot at retaking the White House in 2025.

I don't understand righties on this site who can't see that? Trump being defeated was the break from that loser that righties should have embraced. A silver lining. And they are trying to throw it away.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
A Woman (so we can appear to actually care about the gender who birthed us) -

CHIP = NO
ELISE = YES

The Rs are discriminating against White Males, OMG, isn't the most ironic (paging paralegal Bob) and delicious move ever!!!

True Cancel Culture is when you start cannibalizing your own.

What's next? Disclosure that golf isn't really a sport, but just an excuse to drink beers and have a mini-vaca from your wife and kids, in addition to a colossal waste of real estate.

Once the genie's out of the bottle boyz, they'll be nothing or nowhere you are safe. Stand up before we become a planet of Amazonian Woman and men exist purely for their amusement, oops, too late!

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Some of us stopped listening to (and “indulging”) these unhinged wacko theories months ago. 🤷‍♂️

Spoof is so proud of the fact that he ignores an ongoing 'soft coup' against our legitimately-elected government, conducted by the disgraced former president and his witless minions.

And Spoof desperately wants all of us to do the same. 'Come on; just pretend it isn't happening, everybody!'

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Brilliant.

cncmin

Reaction score
Some of us stopped listening to (and “indulging”) these unhinged wacko theories months ago. 🤷‍♂️
That's right. You IGNORE it and continue to side with those wacko folks pushing it. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

GopherJake

Reaction score
@Spoofin, this is not a message from some wacko deviant...uhh, well, sorry, yes it is. But this wacko deviant is also our former President, who essentially continues to rule over one of the two major parties in this county. He’s not some obscure keyboard warrior that can simply be ignored. He is a threat to the country. As a self-described moderate, it is important that you call this bullshit out. Otherwise you are complicit.

Spoofin

Reaction score
That's right. You IGNORE it and continue to side with those wacko folks pushing it. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
I IGNORE it? What would you like me to do CRINGY? I have said multiple times that I think it is all bs drivel. Should I create a Twitter account and post it there too?

Spoofin

Reaction score
@Spoofin, this is not a message from some wacko deviant...uhh, well, sorry, yes it is. But this wacko deviant is also our former President, who essentially continues to rule over one of the two major parties in this county. He’s not some obscure keyboard warrior that can simply be ignored. He is a threat to the country. As a self-described moderate, it is important that you call this bullshit out. Otherwise you are complicit.
I already have. Not sure what else you want me to do? I have done exactly what the original tweet suggests --- I don't indulge in the lies. No one is going to stop Trump from making these claims, that much is obvious. We'd all be better off if everyone ignored him like they do MyPillowGuy. I simply pointed out that I am already there --- doing what the poster asked - hopefully more can get there.

howeda7

Reaction score
Spoof is so proud of the fact that he ignores an ongoing 'soft coup' against our legitimately-elected government, conducted by the disgraced former president and his witless minions.

And Spoof desperately wants all of us to do the same. 'Come on; just pretend it isn't happening, everybody!'

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Brilliant.
Such foolishness. They all think if they ignore it, it will go away. But their comrades love and worship him, and the party leaders fear his cult.

Top Bottom