LiveSportsRadio vs. WCCO at the Stadium

www.GopherSports.com is promoting the $20 LiveSportsRadio service http://www.livesportsradio.com/

Does anyone have experience with the LiveSportsRadio service and any advantage to listening to it at the stadium vs. WCCO 830 using your own radio?:confused:

sure.....you don't have to listen to that "why does he still have this job twit" dave lee who couldn't call a play to save his life. that should be more than enough. ;)

Wrong...Sir BNG:

What announcers will I hear broadcasting from my radio?

You will hear the flagship radio network broadcast from your university while attending both home and away games.

http://www.livesportsradio.com/faq/#5

If WCCO has a live broadcasting delay then LiveSportsRadio will have an advantage.

BTW there was a live delay at the Preview Game but I suspect WCCO forgot to take it off. I would think both WCCO and LiveSportsRadio will have delays if they are not corrected by WCCO

This is the height of insanity

Whether its better to listen to Dave Lee on WCCO or pay $20.00 to Listen To Dave Lee. Tell me that is not insane. I know it cruel and unusal to listen, but this takes to a whole new level.

So basically for home games, there's no advantage to listening to a regular radio, but this would enable to hear WCCO's broadcast at away games...big woop. FWIW I always think those people who listen to the radio while at the game are a bit lame, even if I'm secretly wanting to know the status of an injured player, etc. and am jealous.

I am 95% sure that the way this works is LiveSportsRadio pays Learfield Sports or whoever runs the broadcasts to put low-power broadcast equipment in the booths for both teams. They then sell these little radios to pick up the rebroadcast frequencies. They have one frequency for all home teams and another for all road teams - you flip a switch depending on whether your team is home or away.

The frequencies are out of the FM range but if you had a portable scanner I bet you could pick it up.

They say the radios only work for one year - they probably just switch frequencies every year and hard-code the ones they are using into the radios they sell, making you buy another one to get the new hard-coded frequencies.

The broadcast is not technically WCCOs - it is this low power rebroadcast so you hear it without delay.

What this isn't: an internet radio broadcast.

Top Bottom