List of Coaches you DON'T want

If you guys are interested we will have Purdue defensive coordinator Donn Landholm on my radio show next Wednesday Oct. 13 around 8:15 p.m.

This is a guy who works in the big 10 for a living and actually knows college football, so he can tell us (At least his opinion) if a spread offense can work against the big 10 schools.

Listen in at KRBX.com

The spread offense has worked well for Northwestern. They might have a stellar year. I think it works, but you need the right personal.

1. Trestman
2. Trestman
3. Trestman

If Sid's begging for him, that's all I need to know.

1. Mike Leach
2. Mike Leach
3. Mike Leach
4. Kevin Sumlin

I think Marc Trestman would be a good choice. The guy has been around pro and college ball enough that I think he'd make a good coach. I think he'd do suprisingly well.

He has very little college football experience, I think he has like a year or two in the college game.

Also, Dungy wasn't really saying we should look at Trestman in a tip of the cap to Trestman. The interviewer said to Dungy something like "Reports are that the University of MN is looking at you (Dungy) and Marc Trestman as possible coaches", to which Dungy replied, "Then MN should focus on their attention on Trestman". It was more of saying, "I'm not interested" than "Trestman is a good coach". Had the interviewer said "The Gophers are interested in you and Bugs Bunny...", Dungy would have given Bugs Bunny an endorsement.

I find the hate for the spread offense hilarious. Somehow, I think that people wouldn't be too upset if Urban Meyer wanted to come to Minneapolis.

Take a breath and realize a few things: Any system can work if you have the right players. It takes a special coach to both recruit and develop his players. We, as Gopher fans, will support any winning coach regardless of system or personality.

Top Bottom