List of B1G season ticket prices

Without the required donations, it's kinda hard to compare. For example, there are several areas of TCF that require no donation and $275 gets you a season ticket. If not mistaken, I thought Wisconsin not only has a fee to get on the STH waiting list each year (similar to UMN Hockey), but each and every seat also requires a donation/license? If not, I think Wisconsin fans definitely get the best bang for the buck over the last 5 years - quality of play, atmosphere, etc for under $300/seat. Not too shabby.

I think the U is right in line. We have a huge metro to draw from with lots of alums and corporations. Brand new stadium is still a spectacle and the seating/views/amenities are top in the conference. No reason we should drop to Indiana level and charge $230, to be honest, it won't attract more ticket buyers. The people on the fence or simply choosing not to aren't doing it because it's "just $45 too much per year."

If not mistaken, I thought Wisconsin not only has a fee to get on the STH waiting list each year (similar to UMN Hockey), but each and every seat also requires a donation/license?
Well, I found this 2010 article on their seating fee structure. Don't know if it's still valid or not, but it suggests that the Badgers run seat fees in all sections between the goal lines and that the fees run from $100 to $250:
Football
Sections E, T and FF - $250 each
Sections D, F, S, U, EE and GG - $200 each
Sections C, G, R, V, DD and HH - $150 each
Sections B, H, Q, W, CC and II - $100 each
Here's a quick and dirty view of how that breaks down:

307un2a.jpg

As I recall, you do have to put up a pretty sizeable amount (I think it's $1500) to get on the STH waiting list. That's a non-refundable donation that doesn't guarantee you a seat.

Well, I found this 2010 article on their seating fee structure. Don't know if it's still valid or not, but it suggests that the Badgers run seat fees in all sections between the goal lines and that the fees run from $100 to $250:

Here's a quick and dirty view of how that breaks down:

307un2a.jpg

As I recall, you do have to put up a pretty sizeable amount (I think it's $1500) to get on the STH waiting list. That's a non-refundable donation that doesn't guarantee you a seat.

So, not all that different than our system, by % of available STH seats. Many are donation required in varying amounts as you near the 50, but there are some near the corner endzone where the base price is all you pay. Like I said, bang for your buck, they seem to be the top in the B1G.

Looking at their football revenue/profit margins, I would imagine they could probably up their prices and rake in a bit more if they wanted to based on recent success and demand for tickets.

Top Bottom