Lindy's picks Gophers last in Big Ten

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but Lindy's Sports picked Minnesota to finish last in the Big 10 directly behind Illinois and Indiana. However, I was surprised to see the Gophers were given the sixth best recruiting class, but no one on this site really cares about those ratings I have gathered.
Top newcomer: Lamante Edwards. Rather raw, but at 6-2, 215 with good speed, he is a Big Ten-style back the Gophers have been looking for since Tim Brewster arrived.
Problems: The Gophers are trying to get an offense going with their third offensive coordinator in three seasons. Horton wants to run the ball, but the Gophers are still looking for a running back worthy of being featured. The athletic defense is also inexperienced.
Strengths: The offense, though it struggled last season, returns almost in tact with all five starting linemen and Weber, who has started three seasons. The key to improvement will be in getting the offense going. There is a lot of potential in receivers Stoudemire and McKnight.
Top 3: Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa
Bottom 3: Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota
MVP: Pryor, QB, OSU
Offensive POY: Clay, RB, Wisconsin
Defensive POY: Jones, LB, Michigan State
Top Newcomer: Marve, QB, Purdue
Top 20 recruits: Gophers with one: No. 14 Jimmy Gjere, 6-7, 275, OL

"Screw" the predictions. Its going to be tough with our schedule. However I truly believe we will be better this year. Having said that though, I believe it will be a year of breaks (good and bad) for many teams and that will determine the outcome of the year.

"Screw" the predictions. Its going to be tough with our schedule. However I truly believe we will be better this year. Having said that though, I believe it will be a year of breaks (good and bad) for many teams and that will determine the outcome of the year.

Agreed but, if you are a betting man, you should get some great lines with our Gophers because I tell you that these guys are missing the boat with the predictions and I am loving it. Man I wish we could play Beal this year.

seems to be the consensus. Whatev we'll see in the fall...

Agreed but, if you are a betting man, you should get some great lines with our Gophers because I tell you that these guys are missing the boat with the predictions and I am loving it. Man I wish we could play Beal this year.

Beal is no doubt going to help BIG TIME next season, but I don't think he'll be a program-changing player. That just doesn't happen that often at LB. He's a GREAT start though.

Top Bottom