Liam Makes Kareem Watchlist

I don't follow college hoops that closely - so this list is the first time I discovered that Haarms transferred from Purdue to BYU. I saw the name on the list and googled it to see if this was a relative of the Purdue guy- and it turns out he is - or was - the Purdue guy.

Look - I hope Robbins has a good year. But, if Robbins is one of the top 20 Centers in college hoops - as a transfer from Drake - that says a lot about the nature of the Center position.

and the Potter kid from Wisconsin - transferred from Ohio State where he averaged 4.1 pts and 2.4 reb a game, then sat out last year as a transfer. And he is potentially one of the top 20 Centers in college hoops? give me a bleeping break.

I grew up in the age of the big man - Kareem, Wilt, Bill Russell, Pat Ewing, Hakeem, Wes Unseld, Ralph Sampson, etc. the game has changed a lot since those days.

I don't follow college hoops that closely - so this list is the first time I discovered that Haarms transferred from Purdue to BYU. I saw the name on the list and googled it to see if this was a relative of the Purdue guy- and it turns out he is - or was - the Purdue guy.

Look - I hope Robbins has a good year. But, if Robbins is one of the top 20 Centers in college hoops - as a transfer from Drake - that says a lot about the nature of the Center position.

and the Potter kid from Wisconsin - transferred from Ohio State where he averaged 4.1 pts and 2.4 reb a game, then sat out last year as a transfer. And he is potentially one of the top 20 Centers in college hoops? give me a bleeping break.

I grew up in the age of the big man - Kareem, Wilt, Bill Russell, Pat Ewing, Hakeem, Wes Unseld, Ralph Sampson, etc. the game has changed a lot since those days.

The center position has definitely changed. The NBA now wants athletic rim-runners who can hit the occasional three, and young centers know this.

Micah Potter was Wisconsin's best player during their late winning streak last year. As much as it pains me to talk about Wisconsin, he deserves to be on this list.

And I watched Purdue quite a bit last year. Haarms seemed visibly frustrated with playing time. Painter played him an average of 20 min per game. With Williams back, I'm sure he saw the same thing happening again this year.

Kareem watchlist? I'll be more than satisfied if he finishes high on the Jeff Ruland watchlist.

The game has changed. Good college and NBA centers make more 3s in a year than your entire list did in their entire careers combined.

I'm not really sure why him being a transfer from Drake matters about the nature of the center position. I suppose Russell attended the power house University of San Fran though, hard to argue that pedigree. Like saying Steph Curry wasn't deserving because he attended Davidson, Karl Malone because of Louisiana Tech or Steve Nash because of Santa Clara.

Top Bottom