Lets Welcome UNO with a sweep!

ruralgopher

Reaction score
Should be entertaining, high scoring games.

Prediction: UM 7-5 Fri; 6-5 Sat.

Welcome to the WCHA.

Gophs will really have to pick it up to make your prediction correct my friend.

Looks like UNO will be holding up their end of the bargain. Gophers look awful.

Very bad period by the Gophers. 3-0 UNO.
Shaky defense rears its ugly head. Defensemen look slow, lost, and weak looking. They're making Kangas look bad out there.
Offense has no sustained pressure other than that one PP.

Something really has to change for this to turn around.
Also a disappointingly sparse crowd again. The longtime season ticket holders show once again that many of them are not really that committed.

Yet hope remains! Go Gophers!!

4-0 now. Not establishing any real pressure on the power play and UNO is man handling Minnesota.

Good move though by UNO, they are not allowing Minnesota to use their speed against them.

Tonight has been an instant replay of the same crap we've seen for the past three years. Lack of hustle, lack of skill, lack of focus. Just lacking everywhere except for Kangas, who kept it from being 5 or 6 in the first period.

This program is a LONG way from where it should be.

4-2 after the second.

UNO penalties helped us get some momentum. Would have loved to see multiple goals on a major penalty like that. Oh well.

One more goal and its a real game again.

Go Gophers!

4-3

Don't call it a comeback.

4-4

Where the haters now? :D

Not hating...simply stating the facts. And the team managed to waste the comeback and lose 5-4.

4-4

Where the haters now? :D

I'll be your hater...when the University of Minnesota loses at HOME against Nebraska-Omaha in hockey, there are some real *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing problems with our program. The wrong *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing coach was on the other bench. Enough said,,,

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

The hockey team may be at a lower point than the football program, if for no other reason than we actually expect something from them.

Goddamn it things are gross at the U right now.

I wasn't really displeased with the game overall. Horrid start, but we bounced back very nicely.

Lot of lessons will be learned, and we really showed some determination. This team looks like it does have some sort of chip on its shoulder. I just think we ran into a talented team with an even bigger chip on its own shoulder. UNO is probably way underrated coming into this year.

Look forward to tonight's game. Get that split, boys!!

Our defensemen are still sloppy in getting the puck out of our end...and dont be afraid to hit someone around the net...before the whistle.

A bad first period again. 2-0 mavericks.

UNO makes their time around our net really count. We cant hold the offensive zone for more than 7 seconds.

We'll need another comeback.

Well, that just about completes the craptastic weekend that was for Gopher sports.

Football? Lost to Purdue.
Volleyball? Swept on the road at Penn State and Ohio State.
Women's hockey? Swept at home by North Dakota.
Men's hockey? Swept at home by Nebraska-Omaha.

Add in the soccer team's loss to Penn State on Friday and that makes it 0-8 for the weekend. So, the question is, how much fun are we all having right now? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well, that just about completes the craptastic weekend that was for Gopher sports.

Add in the soccer team's loss to Penn State on Friday and that makes it 0-8 for the weekend. So, the question is, how much fun are we all having right now? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't forget the sting of wisky beating OSU and Iowa beating Michigan.

Oh and the Twins didn't even play this weekend.
And the Wild lost tonight.
And the Vikings may sink to a very low 1-4 tomorrow.

Nice to see that Maturi led Athletic Department doing sooooo well.... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There is something severely wrong within the AD and it is underscored by the Football and both Hockey programs posting Epic Fails. :mad::mad::mad:

Nice to see that Maturi led Athletic Department doing sooooo well.... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There is something severely wrong within the AD and it is underscored by the Football and both Hockey programs posting Epic Fails. :mad::mad::mad:

Lucia has turned our program into something of mediocrity. If he isn't gone soon, Maturi's a.ss better be removed.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

The hockey team may be at a lower point than the football program, if for no other reason than we actually expect something from them.

Goddamn it things are gross at the U right now.

Its almost basketball season at least! less than a month away

Well at least we accomplished the goal in the title of the original post and provided UNO with a sweep. :(

What a buzzkill. I knew UNO would put the puck in the net, but I thought we'd have more success. PP needs to step up immediately.

Top Bottom