Let's talk Penn St

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Battle of unbeaten teams. 2 weeks to discuss. We usuallyplay them tough, its rarely a one sided game.

All games:
<Table>
<TR><TD>2016/10/01 </TD><TD> Minnesota 26 - Penn St 29</TD> <TD>L OT</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>2013/11/09 </TD><TD> Minnesota 24 - Penn St 10 </TD><TD>W</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>2010/10/23 </TD><TD> Minnesota 21 - Penn St 33 </TD><TD>L</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>2009/10/17 </TD><TD> Minnesota 0 - Penn St 20 </TD><TD>L</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>2006/10/07 </TD><TD> Minnesota 27 - Penn St 28 </TD><TD>L OT</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>2005/10/01 </TD><TD> Minnesota 14 - Penn St 44 </TD><TD>L</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>2004/10/02 </TD><TD> Minnesota 16 - Penn St 7 </TD><TD>W</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>2003/09/27 </TD><TD> Minnesota 20 - Penn St 14 </TD><TD>W</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>2000/10/07 </TD><TD> Minnesota 25 - Penn St 16 </TD><TD>W</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>1999/11/06 </TD><TD> Minnesota 24 - Penn St 23 </TD><TD>W</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>1998/10/10 </TD><TD> Minnesota 17 - Penn St 27 </TD><TD>L</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>1997/10/18 </TD><TD> Minnesota 15 - Penn St 16 </TD><TD>L</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>1994/09/03 </TD><TD> Minnesota 3 - Penn St 56 </TD><TD>L</TD></tr>
<TR><TD>1993/09/04 </TD><TD> Minnesota 20 - Penn St 38 </TD><TD>L</TD></tr> </table>

Penn state is a good team and probably will be the 4th toughest team we play the rest of the year after Ohio state, Alabama in the CFP semi final, and Clemson in the final.

Penn state is a good team and probably will be the 4th toughest team we play the rest of the year after Ohio state, Alabama in the CFP semi final, and Clemson in the final.

Here's a poster who gets it! Spot on!

Penn state is a good team and probably will be the 4th toughest team we beat the rest of the year after Ohio state, Alabama in the CFP semi final, and Clemson in the final.

FIFY

We celebrate our 1-0 season today!
Tomorrow we talk Penn State in our 0-0 season.

Going to take a great effort from the whole team to get it done but I think we can pull the upset at home. If we knock off a top 10 Penn State the state will explode in support of the team.

The exciting part is that even if we do end up losing to Penn State we still have a great opportunity to win the West with games against Iowa and Wisconsin.

Time to find out what this team is made of. Can't wait!

Going to take a great effort from the whole team to get it done but I think we can pull the upset at home. If we knock off a top 10 Penn State the state will explode in support of the team.

The exciting part is that even if we do end up losing to Penn State we still have a great opportunity to win the West with games against Iowa and Wisconsin.

Time to find out what this team is made of. Can't wait!

Going to be a very long two weeks.

Did anyone notice? the last time we played Penn State at home on November 9th we won 24-10. I think it’s a sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 year anniversary of the Nystrom kick, give or take a couple of days.

I'm not used to this. I don't wanna believe. PSU is different than every team we have played this year. Gunna be real excited and nervous that day.

Those who have HBO (streaming) access, would encourage you to watch the behind the scenes look they do of Penn State’s program. Really great look at what Franklin & co have going there. I think they have a great program going and no doubt this is going to be a very difficult test.

I'm only focused on recruiting week right now. Penn State championship season must wait until the following week.

I think the Gophers, on the road, in the cold (hopefully) are going to be a real tough test for PSU.

I think the Gophers, on the road, in the cold (hopefully) are going to be a real tough test for PSU.

That's what I was thinking. I'm reading lots of comments about the Gophers having a chance to pull an upset, but I think they're on pretty equal footing with PSU, given more recent performances. PSU has close victories over Michigan and Iowa, but I see this as also being PSU's toughest game so far this season. It could go either way.

PSU winless at TCF on Nov. 9th. Penn State last came to TCF on Nov. 9th, 2013. They lost by 14 points. The only other time PSU tangled with the Gophers in November? Nov. 6th, 1999.

Do folks here think this PSU team is better than the 2017 team? It seems like their offense is putting up more points and their defense is stronger.
I'm still mad about that 2017 game.

Do folks here think this PSU team is better than the 2017 team? It seems like their offense is putting up more points and their defense is stronger.
I'm still mad about that 2017 game.

From what I've seen I feel like they're better.

That 2017 team was plenty good but could be hot and cold.

Interesting stat they had on one of the highlight shows last night. This will be the first meeting of 8-0 or better teams, not named Ohio St and Michigan, in the Big Ten, since the start of the AP era.

Pretty crazy...

Interesting stat they had on one of the highlight shows last night. This will be the first meeting of 8-0 or better teams, not named Ohio St and Michigan, in the Big Ten, since the start of the AP era.

Pretty crazy...

Love the stat!! (FYI - AP era began in 1936)

Found "Lions247 Board" and the opinion is somewhat mixed on the match-up...ranging from PSU will kill us to "not sure what to think about the Gophers." For the latter it being a road game for the Nittanies is a slight source of concern. Several noting of how strong we are playing against the B1G competition.

With the bye expect the rhetoric to really ramp up after next week...both here and there. Still, we're now on the radar as a contest not an automatic L.

Here's the link: https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/board/penn-state-nittany-lions-message-board-forum-18/

Pretty crazy...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that, indeed pretty crazy

Top Bottom