Let's See How Well Tubby Can Coach

jamiche

Reaction score
Ye, we are lucky to have him (for as long as he is here). Yes, he is a huge upgrade over Monson. Yes, Maturi (theoretically his boss) upgraded his own standing by hiring Tubby.

The Gophers have limped to the finish. They need to win at least two wins in the conf. tourney to get in. Except for the first thirty minutes today, there has been no ball movement in weeks. His team falls apart against a 1-3-1 trapping defense. Tubby is one of the best coaches in the country. The players he recruited are fully integrated into his system.

Can he lead the gophers to two victories this week?

I think we only need one victory. We had better hope so. I am thinking that we appear headed for the 8-9 game and that winner faces Michigan State. I don't like our chances against MSU.

Ye, we are lucky to have him (for as long as he is here). Yes, he is a huge upgrade over Monson. Yes, Maturi (theoretically his boss) upgraded his own standing by hiring Tubby.

The Gophers have limped to the finish. They need to win at least two wins in the conf. tourney to get in. Except for the first thirty minutes today, there has been no ball movement in weeks. His team falls apart against a 1-3-1 trapping defense. Tubby is one of the best coaches in the country. The players he recruited are fully integrated into his system.

Can he lead the gophers to two victories this week?

1, maybe 2 W in B10T gets Gophers an NCAA bid. Not 2 for sure.

The question phrased is a bit loaded and would require several answers, but the short is that the players he has are not able to carry out Tubbys game well enough so that the X's and O's are as impactful as tubby would like. We're not well suited to conquer that D, and we've been exposed. I'm not sure that Tubby can do much this year. It's a little like chess, just not a lot, as you don't get to move your pieces, they do it themselves.

Top Bottom