Lets ride!

SPCPrice21

Reaction score
This video is from a few years ago. Im as disappointed as everyone else about this season. But u cant say its his enthusiasm. Id give him one more year. If you cant do it in 5 years then we can talk. It takes 5 years to get a full roster of HIS guys anyways. Give him a fifth year and if he shows zero improvement then get rid of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIwcaNCc9Qo&feature=player_embedded

Without question, the greatest part of this video is, "It's real, it's raw; at times, it's real raw." You just can't make that up.

Holy sh*t, I had to watch that video again. Everyone needs to watch this now. And no, don't give him a fifth year.

Awesome speech. The new coach should keep him around to do these things. He's the Matt Foley character from SNL (when anyone actually watched it, and it was funny) for the team, getting them pumped up before they go into battle. Brew can stay in an office in the stadium, drinking coffee all week, then come charging out on cue....

One of the biggest fallacies in CFB is the thought that you cannot successfully coach until
you ONLY have your own recruits.

That's bunk. A good coach can coach players well, period- no matter who recruited them.
His his job to get the the others to buy into his program. After 2-3 years, those who
remain have, and they essentially become "his guys".

You don't need five years to size things up. 3-4 is more like it.

Even if they can him i wish he would stay around.. Like a TE coach/Recruiter.

It's not as if all the tumblers align only when you have all your own recruits. When you're on your second loss to a I-AA school in 4 years, that's a clue.

One of the biggest fallacies in CFB is the thought that you cannot successfully coach until
you ONLY have your own recruits.

That's bunk. A good coach can coach players well, period- no matter who recruited them.
His his job to get the the others to buy into his program. After 2-3 years, those who
remain have, and they essentially become "his guys".

You don't need five years to size things up. 3-4 is more like it.

I agree with that 100%. In fact, I'm going to go a little further than that...just what type of program has Brewster recruited for? We have Marquis Gray who was recruited for the spread, but we've now switched to the pro-style offense. Just what are we?

Yes we have mostly "Brewster guys", but they don't know from one week to the next what type of offense we're going to run.

The only answer we get is we're 0-0 in the Big Ten and that we're a few plays away from being 4-0. Well, we're a few plays away from being 0-4.

You hit the nail on the head, and I just had to rant. Now that the rant is over: Let's RIDE!

Top Bottom