LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Section2

Reaction score
You are in your own category, no question. Your 2 main tenets seem to be:

1. Eliminate nearly all government
2. Own libs

Not necessarily in that order.

And you "win" arguments by avoiding the tough questions that point out your contradictions. You are good at disappearing.
I have you on ignore because you’re boring, a control freak, and ask 50 questions. Nobody would seriously argue that I avoid tough questions. I just don’t see most of your posts.

Section2

Reaction score
A few comments....
"....even though you align more and defend wingnut conservatives here regularly"..... I don't hide that at present time I want nothing to do with the left. Nothing. I think it is a disaster. I still hold a lot of "liberal" social views, and maybe some day I will vote D again, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

"....need to call this out every time it's mentioned"...... Why? This is a stupid message board used to pass time. It doesn't make a difference. No one's opinion is changing no matter how many times you call it out Jake. I've called it out enough and still get accussed of believing it every time it comes up. LOL. It isn't worth my time anymore.

"....we moderates cannot allow wingnut lies, misinformation and deflection to be normalized."..... We all just witnessed it for 4 straight years from the MSM. Some random message board posters don't move the needle.

"....There are people toward the middle right that believe it."...... Unfortunately, yes, there are. For the longest time I dismissed that this was a wide-spread belief among the right, but was proven wrong by Howie of all people. I think the latest polls show roughly half the GOP believes this nonsense. Sad.
I believe that the left would absolutely cheat to win an election. Yes, project veritas guy is a slime ball, but his videos of Dem operatives describing how they cheat and why they cheat is strong evidence to me. I don’t believe the last election was the most secure ever. I also don’t think it was remotely proven that it was stolen. Until it’s proven, I don’t believe it happened. But I don’t think it’s at all far fetched. It doesn’t need to be proven to say that we need much better election security. There’s really no complaining with a decentralized process where people mainly vote in person on Election Day and prove who they are. It worked just fine for the past hundred years.

golf

Reaction score
I believe that the left would absolutely cheat to win an election. Yes, project veritas guy is a slime ball, but his videos of Dem operatives describing how they cheat and why they cheat is strong evidence to me. I don’t believe the last election was the most secure ever. I also don’t think it was remotely proven that it was stolen. Until it’s proven, I don’t believe it happened. But I don’t think it’s at all far fetched. It doesn’t need to be proven to say that we need much better election security. There’s really no complaining with a decentralized process where people mainly vote in person on Election Day and prove who they are. It worked just fine for the past hundred years.

Pretty much agree. Given the hate and lies we saw from dems/media during trump's term I think it would be naive for conservatives to not suspect shenanigans, especially given the irregularities that occurred.

That ssid, I also suspect, If true, going to be very difficult to prove said shenanigans.

Important going forward to figure out how to hold elections both sides can trust.

Election was stolen, actually, by creating an uneven playing field. Most people follow politics very casually and so the media soundbites they hear are very influential. If those soundbites are consistently lies, creates a very uneven playing field and a stolen election.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
I tend to not believe conspiracies that would require a large number of people to be involved and never adimit it, tell anyone else, grow a concious about it, sell their knowledge, etc. That has served me pretty well in life.

Section2

Reaction score
I tend to not believe conspiracies that would require a large number of people to be involved and never adimit it, tell anyone else, grow a concious about it, sell their knowledge, etc. That has served me pretty well in life.
Totally 100% agree. A collection of true believers all acting independently and to defeat a Nazi takeover and authoritarian nightmare is the only way mass election fraud could happen. And it seems possible to me.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
We simply cannot get to the point where our election system isn't trusted for absolutely zero reason. The system is fragile. It's vulnerable to conspiracy theorists. It always has been.
Agree, unequivocally, 100%. The integrity of the system and the process needs to be protected with everything we have. Marginalizing it by the moves that have been made since the sore losers in 2016 do not help AT ALL. Massive changes in voting processes in multiple states, ballot harvesting, etc.

Except in somewhat unusual unavoidable circumstances, voting needs to be done in person, at the polls, with a proper voter ID. For a HUGE portion of the population, this is all anyone is asking for. What is so wrong with this one small simple thing?

For all the yelling and screaming and handwringing, this one small thing would be the most reasonable of compromises, a very easy compromise.

GopherJake

Reaction score
That is actually happening right in front of our eyes. They are hiding in plain sight. @Section2 thinks it’s possible. I agree. The BIG LIARS are transparently attempting to execute that very plan. All evidence repeatedly proving it BS is ignored. The lie is bleeding.

bga1

Reaction score
Pretty much agree. Given the hate and lies we saw from dems/media during trump's term I think it would be naive for conservatives to not suspect shenanigans, especially given the irregularities that occurred.

That ssid, I also suspect, If true, going to be very difficult to prove said shenanigans.

Important going forward to figure out how to hold elections both sides can trust.

Election was stolen, actually, by creating an uneven playing field. Most people follow politics very casually and so the media soundbites they hear are very influential. If those soundbites are lies, creates a very uneven playing field and a stolen election.
The Dems had a four pronged approach, which was in a way, brilliant just as it was evil.

1. Change the election rules- illegally circumventing state legislatures in some cases- to make voting super easy using vote harvesting tactics for massive mail in voting often without proof of identity. They realize that they have a ton of low information, low motivation people that they provide entitlements to, who often do not vote. The goal of method one was to harvest those votes in any way possible- legal or illegal and let the chips fall where they may afterwards, knowing that the courts are not set up or prone to fix election issues. The strategy, which again was brilliant was designed by leftist attorneys. This took a lot of money and it helped to have 419 million from Zuckerberg. They knew that their own polls were fake and that it would be close. They were fully prepared for the fact that Trump (despite the narrative that he was hated and unpopular) would get more votes than any other previous candidate or incumbent mostly by more traditional, vote in person methods. They saw the rallies and parades and they saw the lack of enthusiasm for Biden. They were ready. Trump had to go by whatever means necessary.

2. Influence corrupt officials and empower them- Everyone knew where the swing states would be if they came into play and which counties would be able to swing the election. There were 6 crucial counties. Again, if you want to influence officials that you already know to be all in for your cause and corrupt, it really helps to have 419 million dollars to spread around. We know Congress can be bought- that's proven. Do we think a half dozen county officials and three four trusted aides in each county cannot be? How do you empower these officials to create a result? A) Make sure that there are tons of mail in votes to work with where the error rate is traditionally high making adjudication a factor. B) Use machinery that allows the county election head official to "express the will of the voter" by reprinting and correcting the vote (perfecting it) and replacing the actual cast mail in. The machines can be used correctly or corruptly, depending upon the character of the county official. The machines produce clean ballots that stand up to the recount, after being "adjudicated" by the county official. Rejected mail ins went to near zero even though the number of mail ins were massive compared to historical levels. Chain of custody was ditched.

3. Create electronically centralized decision making- In order to work for sure cheating requires knowing the winning target. All of the six key counties delayed counting, awaiting what the target winning tally for their state was. It is proven that there was offsite communication going on with people who were able to create the winning scenario from afar. One of the lies told is that the machinery and election results were not connected to the internet. Covid allowed them to isolate watchers so that the actual counters were free to do as they pleased. Some brazen actions finished the job, such as the fake watermain break in Fulton County. They key wasn't just to win, but to win by a margin that would seem to be enough to ward off scrutiny.

4. Let the media finish the job- as they knew they would. Let the media create the narrative that it was a clear cut win, with no cheating. Let the media start to frame anyone that questioned it as part of a Big Lie. Let the media be uncurious about the cheating and fail to investigate any of it.
This was always a given because the media was desperate to get rid of Trump and was all in for Biden from the beginning.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
That is actually happening right in front of our eyes. They are hiding in plain sight. @Section2 thinks it’s possible. I agree. The BIG LIARS are transparently attempting to execute that very plan. All evidence repeatedly proving it BS is ignored. The lie is bleeding.
Oh it kills me to think of you with another man
I was playing rock and roll and you were just a fan
But my guitar couldn't hold you
So I split the band
Love lies bleeding in my hands

golf

Reaction score
The Dems had a four pronged approach, which was in a way, brilliant just as it was evil.

1. Change the election rules- illegally circumventing state legislatures in some cases- to make voting super easy using vote harvesting tactics for massive mail in voting often without proof of identity. They realize that they have a ton of low information, low motivation people that they provide entitlements to, who often do not vote. The goal of method one was to harvest those votes in any way possible- legal or illegal and let the chips fall where they may afterwards, knowing that the courts are not set up or prone to fix election issues. The strategy, which again was brilliant was designed by leftist attorneys. This took a lot of money and it helped to have 419 million from Zuckerberg. They knew that their own polls were fake and that it would be close. They were fully prepared for the fact that Trump (despite the narrative that he was hated and unpopular) would get more votes than any other previous candidate or incumbent mostly by more traditional, vote in person methods. They saw the rallies and parades and they saw the lack of enthusiasm for Biden. They were ready. Trump had to go by whatever means necessary.

2. Influence corrupt officials and empower them- Everyone knew where the swing states would be if they came into play and which counties would be able to swing the election. There were 6 crucial counties. Again, if you want to influence officials that you already know to be all in for your cause and corrupt, it really helps to have 419 million dollars to spread around. We know Congress can be bought- that's proven. Do we think a half dozen county officials and three four trusted aides in each county cannot be? How do you empower these officials to create a result? A) Make sure that there are tons of mail in votes to work with where the error rate is traditionally high making adjudication a factor. B) Use machinery that allows the county election head official to "express the will of the voter" by reprinting and correcting the vote (perfecting it) and replacing the actual cast mail in. The machines can be used correctly or corruptly, depending upon the character of the county official. The machines produce clean ballots that stand up to the recount, after being "adjudicated" by the county official. Rejected mail ins went to near zero even though the number of mail ins were massive compared to historical levels. Chain of custody was ditched.

3. Create electronically centralized decision making- In order to work for sure cheating requires knowing the winning target. All of the six key counties delayed counting, awaiting what the target winning tally for their state was. It is proven that there was offsite communication going on with people who were able to create the winning scenario from afar. One of the lies told is that the machinery and election results were not connected to the internet. Covid allowed them to isolate watchers so that the actual counters were free to do as they pleased. Some brazen actions finished the job, such as the fake watermain break in Fulton County. They key wasn't just to win, but to win by a margin that would seem to be enough to ward off scrutiny.

4. Let the media finish the job- as they knew they would. Let the media create the narrative that it was a clear cut win, with no cheating. Let the media start to frame anyone that questioned it as part of a Big Lie. Let the media be uncurious about the cheating and fail to investigate any of it.
This was always a given because the media was desperate to get rid of Trump and was all in for Biden from the beginning.

No doubt if trump and biden roles were reversed, the media and lib gh posters would be championing all your points.

As you said in point 4, media is going to protect the result. If a media member found clear evidence that the election was stolen, he wouldn't share it. This would be the story of the century, but he wouldn't share it. Think about how corrupt is our media for this to be the case.

I like the idea of not using electronics. Hand written ballots with witnesses from both sides at all locations and each step of the way. All voting done on site.

Reactions: SDR

scools12

Reaction score
It is my opinion that it is critically important for actual moderates like yourself - even though you align more and defend wingnut conservatives here regularly - need to call this out every time it's mentioned. We moderates cannot allow wingnut lies, misinformation and deflection to be normalized.
Every single word of this is pure garbage. The self proclaimed “moderate” believes wingnut lies and misinformation should be called out depending on which side it’s coming from. The “moderate” is perfectly fine with ignoring and normalizing the wingnut lies and misinformation that come from his leftist comrades.

golf

Reaction score
I personally do not want to fuck Joe Biden, and wonder why so many people do.

As we heard in the interview the other day, Joe is apparently on board with the idea. Let Joe live!!!

bga1

Reaction score
No doubt if trump and biden roles were reversed, the media and lib gh posters would be championing all your points.

As you said in point 4, media is going to protect the result. If a media member found clear evidence that the election was stolen, he wouldn't share it. This would be the story of the century, but he wouldn't share it. Think about how corrupt is our media for this to be the case.

I like the idea of not using electronics. Hand written ballots with witnesses from both sides at all locations and each step of the way. All voting done on site.
Yep. We have context. Russiagate/Trump Russian collusion. The media knew back in 2017 that they were pushing a fake narrative on that one, but they continued to do it because Trump.

How many people did it take to coordinate that one? More than the number it took to steal this election. That one included the top brass at the FBI, CIA, the State Department, media moguls, the Obama staff, the head of the DOJ, the Democrat party apparatus, Democrat lawyers, leftist judges, key Senators, such as Adam Schiff and one Robert Mueller, the Joe Biden of his time.

bga1

Reaction score
Every single word of this is pure garbage. The self proclaimed “moderate” believes wingnut lies and misinformation should be called out depending on which side it’s coming from. The “moderate” is perfectly fine with ignoring and normalizing the wingnut lies and misinformation that come from his leftist comrades.
LOL! Jake is a moderate and Donald Trump is humble! :)

Nax5

Reaction score
I have you on ignore because you’re boring, a control freak, and ask 50 questions. Nobody would seriously argue that I avoid tough questions. I just don’t see most of your posts.
I see this sentiment a lot. We all sure have a bunch of people on "ignore". But we all know. It's tempting to click that "Show ignored content" button.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Agree, unequivocally, 100%. The integrity of the system and the process needs to be protected with everything we have. Marginalizing it by the moves that have been made since the sore losers in 2016 do not help AT ALL. Massive changes in voting processes in multiple states, ballot harvesting, etc.

Except in somewhat unusual unavoidable circumstances, voting needs to be done in person, at the polls, with a proper voter ID. For a HUGE portion of the population, this is all anyone is asking for. What is so wrong with this one small simple thing?

For all the yelling and screaming and handwringing, this one small thing would be the most reasonable of compromises, a very easy compromise.
This is a reasonable point of view. I don't think I agree entirely, but I can understand someone who thinks this. I'm not some kind of an expert on mail-in voting, but haven't both R and D states been using mail-in voting with absolutely zero issues? If that's true, what is the issue with that? Do those systems have heretofore unexploited vulnerabilities?

As far as ID, as long as the ability to prove recent change-of-address is available, I'm on record for supporting this as well. I am 100% against a super strict policy. I want college kids to be able to vote. I want folks who recently moved able to vote. I want vulnerable individuals able to vote. Without jumping through voter suppressing hoops. These things are reasonable too. In my opinion, voting is a fundamental right and should be protected both from fraud and also unreasonable barriers. There has never been any significant fraud found in our election systems to date. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant. But just because a bunch of dunces like Don Trump and his acolytes like @ShillGA1 scream every day about a stolen election, doesn't make it so and doesn't mean we need to be put on voting lockdown.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Nice post, @Spoofin. Lots to agree with here.

A few comments....
"....even though you align more and defend wingnut conservatives here regularly"..... I don't hide that at present time I want nothing to do with the left. Nothing. I think it is a disaster. I still hold a lot of "liberal" social views, and maybe some day I will vote D again, but I doubt it will be any time soon.
You tend to attack certain left wingers here daily, while going soft on the right wingnuts. Honestly, I probably do the same on the other side, because I fall left of center and you right. Just pointing it out.

"....need to call this out every time it's mentioned"...... Why? This is a stupid message board used to pass time. It doesn't make a difference. No one's opinion is changing no matter how many times you call it out Jake. I've called it out enough and still get accussed of believing it every time it comes up. LOL. It isn't worth my time anymore.
Fair. But that does help normalize.

"....we moderates cannot allow wingnut lies, misinformation and deflection to be normalized."..... We all just witnessed it for 4 straight years from the MSM. Some random message board posters don't move the needle.
Everything moves the needle. But you are right, probably very little in this case. You know where I stand on whining about "MSM," so I'll leave that alone.

"....There are people toward the middle right that believe it."...... Unfortunately, yes, there are. For the longest time I dismissed that this was a wide-spread belief among the right, but was proven wrong by Howie of all people. I think the latest polls show roughly half the GOP believes this nonsense. Sad.
Agree 100%

GopherJake

Reaction score
God forbid someone ask you to explain your point of view further. Just too much for @Section2 to handle. No, the real reason you put me on "ignore" (LOL!!!) is because you don't like being challenged and are insecure. But yeah, your "jokes" aren't boring at all...........stick to your $400 for that one hour that one time job.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Nice post, @Spoofin. Lots to agree with here.

You tend to attack certain left wingers here daily, while going soft on the right wingnuts. Honestly, I probably do the same on the other side, because I fall left of center and you right. Just pointing it out.

Fair. But that does help normalize.

Everything moves the needle. But you are right, probably very little in this case. You know where I stand on whining about "MSM," so I'll leave that alone.

Agree 100%
Thanks for the post. To the bolded --- there are a few posters that I go at hard, but not because they are lefties (there are many lefties that I don't). I tend to single out a few that have consistently been dishonest, hypocritical, and that have repeatedly made up lies about what I have said/done/believe. They just happen to be lefties. 🤷‍♂️

bga1

Reaction score
This is a reasonable point of view. I don't think I agree entirely, but I can understand someone who thinks this. I'm not some kind of an expert on mail-in voting, but haven't both R and D states been using mail-in voting with absolutely zero issues? If that's true, what is the issue with that? Do those systems have heretofore unexploited vulnerabilities?

As far as ID, as long as the ability to prove recent change-of-address is available, I'm on record for supporting this as well. I am 100% against a super strict policy. I want college kids to be able to vote. I want folks who recently moved able to vote. I want vulnerable individuals able to vote. Without jumping through voter suppressing hoops. These things are reasonable too. In my opinion, voting is a fundamental right and should be protected both from fraud and also unreasonable barriers. There has never been any significant fraud found in our election systems to date. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant. But just because a bunch of dunces like Don Trump and his acolytes like @ShillGA1 scream every day about a stolen election, doesn't make it so and doesn't mean we need to be put on voting lockdown.
You understand pretty well what it takes for a leftist/Democrat victory at the polls:

-Kids who think more about getting drunk and getting their loans forgiven than the consequences of selecting a President- but they are lazy and unengaged for the most part, so it must be made easy.
-Vulnerable individuals- ie. people who are on the dole from the system, people who are not educated or motivated.
-Mail in votes that are easy to alter and difficult to invalidate
-No cumbersome IDs that would validate.

What would vigilance look like to you without the checks that purportedly make voting too difficult?? Please elaborate.

For you, ease is better than legitimacy. You align perfectly with the 2020 Democrat steal strategy that cost us the faith in our election systems

alaska

Reaction score
You understand pretty well what it takes for a leftist/Democrat victory at the polls:

-Kids who think more about getting drunk and getting their loans forgiven than the consequences of selecting a President- but they are lazy and unengaged for the most part, so it must be made easy.
-Vulnerable individuals- ie. people who are on the dole from the system, people who are not educated or motivated.

What would vigilance look like to you without the checks that purportedly make voting too difficult?? Please elaborate.

For you, ease is better than legitimacy. You align perfectly with the 2020 Democrat steal strategy that cost us the faith in our election systems
Outstanding take....we live in a society where ease is elevated to the top and there are fewer and fewer people that are willing to do an work. Lazy

GopherJake

Reaction score
Outstanding take....we live in a society where ease is elevated to the top and there are fewer and fewer people that are willing to do an work. Lazy
It shouldn't take "work" to cast a ballot. You shouldn't need to earn your vote. It is a fundamental right.

GopherJake

Reaction score

Hitting close to home, @bga1? So, if a person gets drunk and holds views different from you, that should preclude them from voting?

Possibly, yes. Also disqualifying in your view?

Never been proven to be a problem. Just because you think they are, doesn't make it so. Give one single shred of proof.

I think my view on IDs is on-record here and no, not as strict as yours.

This is too vague of a question. I've done quite a bit of elaboration on my views above and over time. If you have a specific question, ask it.

They are both important. There's been absolutely zero proof that our elections have ever been anything but legitimate.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet eve 45 doesn't believe he won. He just needs you to believe he did.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
It shouldn't take "work" to cast a ballot. You shouldn't need to earn your vote. It is a fundamental right.
You shouldn't have to wait 1, 2, sometimes 3 or more hours to go to the DMV for simple transactions and yet people do this EVERY SINGLE DAY, ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

Voting happens once every 2 years, or for many, every 4 years. FFS, is it too much to ask people to actually think about this ahead of time prior to election day and to make accommodations? Really? To be able to engage in one of the fundamental rights and privileges of being a citizen of this country?

Look, I've said before, I'm all for expanding voting to more than one day; make it several days, whatever.

This was almost a ZERO issue until 2016 when one side couldn't come to grips with the outcome and the ENTIRE focus became changing the way we do elections across the country and changing the rules in many states and locales.

stocker08

Reaction score
I’m not worked up at all. I love that on this thread it is considered the best prank of all to call the Santa line and dis the President.

If you haven't figured it out yet.....a lot of righties never grew up. They lack basic maturity.....which is why they think 'let's go brandon' is the best thing ever. I think it's hilarious that they continue to proudly wave their chud flags.

stocker08

Reaction score
Ha! This from the guy who thinks his golden douchebag award is clever and edgy.

“If the right had a wider pool of professional comedians, perhaps they could come up with fresher ways to be funny in criticizing Biden -- but then again, you could fit all the famous conservative comedians in a Toyota Prius and still have room in the backseat for packages.”

stocker08

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't understand why anyone talks anymore about the "stolen election" nonsense. On either side. Rational people know it is BS. Those that want to believe it wouldn't be convinced if DT himself admitted it was BS. The fact we still talk about it almost daily on here is sad.

It's sad that you ignore the fact that the right is still pushing this hard. It's sad that you still to try act as a moderate while the guys you agree with 90% of the time are still perpetuating the lie.

Yes....very sad.....today's right.

Top Bottom