Let's dig a little deeper

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
I know people hate this, but throw out year 1 of Fleck's tenure at MN, he was hired way late and not a lot of talent. With Ciarrocca 26-12 overall and 15-12 in conference play. Without, 18-16 and 12-13. This trend is only looking like it will strengthen. I don't see them beating any good teams. When is the last time they beat a good team? Iowa I guess?

If you're a good coach, eventually you're going to put together a game plan and catch a team napping that results in you beating a team that you have absolutely no business beating. Watching his game plan last year at OSU or against Michigan or 2 years ago at Penn State, where the entire game plan was based on simply trying to bleed the clock to try and decrease the margin of defeat does not exactly inspire confidence that he believes he can simply go out and out coach the guy on the other sideline.

If you're a good coach, eventually you're going to put together a game plan and catch a team napping that results in you beating a team that you have absolutely no business beating. Watching his game plan last year at OSU or against Michigan or 2 years ago at Penn State, where the entire game plan was based on simply trying to bleed the clock to try and decrease the margin of defeat does not exactly inspire confidence that he believes he can simply go out and out coach the guy on the other sideline.
Unfortunately we seem to be on the wrong side of those "catch the better team napping" games more often than the right one. Feels like we've had a handful of games we lost as 7+ points favorites (the most notable being Bowling Green, and i think at least once each to purdue and illinois). Our biggest upset was probably Penn State in 2019. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like that happens to us more than we make it happen to others.

Top Bottom