Lesson from the Gophers opener: If you don't adjust, you don't win

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Fleck, though, said his focus will remain on his players’ development, even with such a short time frame to fix mistakes in a nine-week, nine-game season. And the best way to accelerate growth on the field is to play.

“We’ve got a lot of new faces on that [defensive] side, and not just replacing the draft picks, but also the guys behind the guys that have played. Some of that is very youthful, and some of that is inexperienced, but they are very talented,” Fleck said. “ … I don’t like the result of the game. I don’t like the rushing yards. I don’t like all that, but again, this is a step-by-step process. I expect the defense to continue to get better as we go throughout the year.”

Durr agreed there’s plenty of potential on defense, including sophomore safety Tyler Nubin, one of the new starters after Antoine Winfield Jr.’s NFL departure. Nubin was among the defensive players who struggled Saturday, with plenty to learn from on film.

“[Nubin’s] going to be — I don’t tell him that — but I know he’s going to be a pretty good player,” Durr said. “I just try to tell him, man, don’t try to force anything. Play within your game and just let the game come to you.”

Go Gophers!!

Defense struggled.

I actually think the offense 'adjusted' well considering their OL.

Top Bottom