Lemming thinks Ohio State leads for SH

I think Miami will lead once he visits there

Good program, decent coaches, and Bryant Mckinnie telling SH to go there.

Are there any rumors we can start about Tressel?

It always seems awful to me when a Minnesota kid goes to another Big Ten school - treason, in fact. I understand kids from Cretin going to Notre Dame, but a Minnesota boy going to Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin - just awful. SH could be a Minnesota legend - like Nagurski, who did not play for a national championship team, or even a Big Ten champion (1927 was his best year, but the MN president turned down a co-championship with Illinois, because we had a tie or two and they didn't). Nevertheless, Nagurski became a football legend here and with the Chicago Bears.

I would ask Seantrel out how OSU worked for Willie Mobley (even though I think Henderson has the potential to be a much better player than Mobley ever was or will be).

It always seems awful to me when a Minnesota kid goes to another Big Ten school - treason, in fact. I understand kids from Cretin going to Notre Dame, but a Minnesota boy going to Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin - just awful.

Seemed to work out OK for James Laurinaitis.

it seems like USC was almost a done deal for him with us a close second. I just don't see Ohio State coming out of the blue to be his leader. It does not make sense

it seems like USC was almost a done deal for him with us a close second. I just don't see Ohio State coming out of the blue to be his leader. It does not make sense

I have always thought that regarless of where SH goes, MN will be named "a close second". Now that USC is in turmoil, Ohio State is the new favorite, with MN remaining a close second. If Ohio State disbands its football program, suddenly somewhere like Florida will be the new favorite, with of course MN remaining a close second.

It just seems to be the way the game is played regarding the home state school when it never really does factor.

If Minnesota is not first in the Henderson recruiting sweepstakes, I don't care if we're second, third or whatever. Just as in games played, it matters only if you win. Coming in second in his recruitment does not make Minnesota look good.

If it's not Minnesota, I don't really care where he goes except I don't want him playing at Ohio State or any other Big 10 team.

One thing is certain, if Henderson opts for another school, the Minnapolis/St. Paul scribes will focus on Brewster's perceived inablilty to retain the Gopher State's number one prospect. Their respective stories are probably already written (hit the replay button from the past couple years.)

Go Gophers!!

I have always thought that regarless of where SH goes, MN will be named "a close second". Now that USC is in turmoil, Ohio State is the new favorite, with MN remaining a close second. If Ohio State disbands its football program, suddenly somewhere like Florida will be the new favorite, with of course MN remaining a close second.

It just seems to be the way the game is played regarding the home state school when it never really does factor.

I've also thought this for a while. I'm still hoping he picks Minnesota, but my guess now is Ohio State.

#1 Offensive player in the nation is an OT? what does that say about the QB,WR and RBs of the HS class? flip side what does that say about SH? I see him blocking well for the gophs and AW overthrowing his WR by 10yds out of bounds.

Well, besides QB, there isn't a more important position than OT. It might not be a glamour position, but it is extremely common that teams/servicves would rank offensive tackles as extremely important (and the best players around). This is evident by merely looking at NFL drafts over the years.

As far tOSU, this makes sense to me. I always thought it was USC and then Ohio St. and Notre Dame in second. Ohio St. is the only program that has had some stability, so it makes sense.

Top Bottom