Leidner, Rhoda,Prisg, Lingen,Winfield,Poock,Still, Devers - Strib Joe.C.

Iceland12

Reaction score
On KFAN (100.3-FM), Claeys said Leidner was checked when he came out after that series.

"I know that there's a [medical] spotter in the booth, white hats," Claeys said in his press conference. "All of the officials have the authority to stop the game, if they notice anything. Nobody on our sidelines, so he ended up having the symptoms after the game. Even after I talked to him as a team and that, I guess, after he went over and sat down."

Rhoda is a junior who has played only sparingly throughout his career.

"I talked to Rhoda this morning," wide receiver Drew Wolitarsky said. "I told him, 'Hey, it’s on us this week.' So we’re going to get together, watch film, get him prepared. He’s excited. I saw the big smile on his face. Obviously we’re going to miss Mitch out there, but he’ll still be at practice, coaching Rhoda up, getting with him as well."

Pirsig out 2-3 weeks

Claeys also said right tackle Jonah Pirsig has a high ankle sprain and will likely miss two to three weeks. Tight end Brandon Lingen and safety Antoine Winfield have been cleared to practice.

The Gophers also list Cody Poock as out for the Maryland game. It's worth noting that the Gophers listed Rashad Still and Tai'yon Devers as out at this time last week, and both of them played against Iowa.

http://www.startribune.com/mitch-leidner-listed-out-for-maryland-game-with-concussion/396664911/

Let's just hope the beautiful spirals land where they are supposed to land.

The good news is that hopefully after Saturday we will have a clearer picture of whether the coaches have been making a mistake by sticking with Leidner over the backups all this time. The bench Leidner crowd will be really happy because they can say they were right all along or they will be really depressed because they will realize that Mitch truly is the best option we have on our roster right now.

The good news is that hopefully after Saturday we will have a clearer picture of whether the coaches have been making a mistake by sticking with Leidner over the backups all this time. The bench Leidner crowd will be really happy because they can say they were right all along or they will be really depressed because they will realize that Mitch truly is the best option we have on our roster right now.

But what if they don't play the right backup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap....there is always a loophole....
I'm a stick with Mitch guy, but there is no doubt in my mind Rhoda is not the best backup.

If he was, why'd they play croft last year?

I'm a stick with Mitch guy, but there is no doubt in my mind Rhoda is not the best backup.

Players and their abilities aren't static?

That was a year ago. Perhaps the ranking of Croft and Rhoda as of them =/= their skill level today.

Plus Croft has the ability to redshirt, so I would think that in this instance a tie would go to Rhoda.

Claeys said on the radio today that Rhoda second on chart had nothing to do with RedShirting Croft. He said they competed in spring, with Mitch out, and again in the fall. Rhoda won the number two job. He said when that happened they hoped to redshirt Croft. "He picked up the offense faster".

Croft is backup but his redshirt will be gone again if Rhoda is hurt. Green is emergency QB according to coach.

I just hope Mitch is healthy and cleared ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Claeys said on the radio today that Rhoda second on chart had nothing to do with RedShirting Croft. He said they competed in spring, with Mitch out, and again in the fall. Rhoda won the number two job. He said when that happened they hoped to redshirt Croft. "He picked up the offense faster".

Croft is backup but his redshirt will be gone again if Rhoda is hurt. Green is emergency QB according to coach.

Because a coach always tells the truth

If we are playing Rhoda, we lose this week. No doubt in my mind.
I'll happily be wrong

We are predicted to lose with or without Rhoda playing. What is losing evidence of?

We are predicted to lose with or without Rhoda playing. What is losing evidence of?

Nothing. I suppose we should be happy with a close loss since they are favored.

I'm just happy we kept it close against a top 17 team like Penn State

TC also said in the press conference that they wanted to RS Croft, but that they would need to re-examine that this week.

I'm not pretending to have any clue WTF is going on with Claeys, but everything he has said on this topic has been odd, inconsistent, false, or misleading.

On a lighter note, Rhoda will be receiving snaps from C Tyler Moore . . . Love is all around, no need to fake it.

"But then Rhoda didn't have the benefit of the complete playbook - just condensed to those things he could handle". That sentence is always written in situations like this. Hopefully TC doesn't read this comment a time the post game presses.

TC also said in the press conference that they wanted to RS Croft, but that they would need to re-examine that this week.

I'm not pretending to have any clue WTF is going on with Claeys, but everything he has said on this topic has been odd, inconsistent, false, or misleading.

You're cherry picking quotes in order to back up your absurd theory about who the "real" backup QB is in event of a Leidner injury.

Mitch is out, Rhoda is starting. Move on.

You're cherry picking quotes in order to back up your absurd theory about who the "real" backup QB is in event of a Leidner injury.

Mitch is out, Rhoda is starting. Move on.

Or you could reference my earlier post where I said I was wrong. I get Rhoda is starting. Been over it for a while. I do, however believe it is to save a RS on Croft and in no way believe Rhoda is better. I also refuse to accept mediocrity.

Or you could reference my earlier post where I said I was wrong. I get Rhoda is starting. Been over it for a while. I do, however believe it is to save a RS on Croft and in no way believe Rhoda is better. I also refuse to accept mediocrity.

I believe Green is more valuable than both and they will in no way burn his redshirt.

But what if they don't play the right backup?

I see what you did here...doesn't sound like you're giving up to me...time to embrace the walk-on from CDH.

Top Bottom