Leerfield contact about Dave Lee

gbbfan

Reaction score
Recently I filled out a questionnaire online about Dave Lee that came from a link on this site. Much to my surprise a representative from Learfield actually called me and asked me to explain what it is about Mr. Lee that is bothering me.

Of course it was easy to go on and on, which I did, about his inaccuracies, misreads, lack of clear description, general lack of knowledge about football, his lack of preparation, etc.

Have any of you received a call like this? He said during the past week or 10 days he has gotten a lot of complaints about this guy.

It sounded like he was following up on a number on the concerns of many of those Gopher listeners who send in their thoughts.

This would be a good time for others to follow suit. Maybe, just maybe it could get those thinking of putting a voice to the Gophers that we could all listen to!

Mr Lee

I sent an email to Leerfield (Corp HQ) on Monday... Haven't heard from them. Also, sent one to Greg Gerlach at Learfield (local) nothing from Greg either.

If you're pulling my leg on this one, I may take your head off.

The car accident of Kelly Leeks is one thing.....kidding to me about people following up on the potential removal of Dave Lee is out of bounds, out of play, and simply wrong for any message board poster.

If you're pulling my leg on this one, I may take your head off.

The car accident of Kelly Leeks is one thing.....kidding to me about people following up on the potential removal of Dave Lee is out of bounds, out of play, and simply wrong for any message board poster.

I'm not laughing at your pain I swear. But this made me crack up. The hate, its so strong! ;) I like it.

We promised our daughter we'd take her to a waterpark in the Dells if she read 20 books over the summer. Well, lo & behold she called our bluff. So tomorrow I'll be driving across WI listening to Dave Lee's broadcast. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. Not sure how far 'CCO extends into cheezeland. I doubt we'll be able to pull in a Hoosier broadcast from somewhere so I can actually hear what's occurring.

The silver lining is that I'm also TiVoing the game, so I can watch it when I get home. Its like a 2-fer-1. I get to experience two completely different games. Other than the score, it'll be a new experience when I finally watch it. OTOH, I'm not sure Lee can even keep the points straight.

We promised our daughter we'd take her to a waterpark in the Dells if she read 20 books over the summer. Well, lo & behold she called our bluff. So tomorrow I'll be driving across WI listening to Dave Lee's broadcast. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. Not sure how far 'CCO extends into cheezeland. I doubt we'll be able to pull in a Hoosier broadcast from somewhere so I can actually hear what's occurring.

The silver lining is that I'm also TiVoing the game, so I can watch it when I get home. Its like a 2-fer-1. I get to experience two completely different games. Other than the score, it'll be a new experience when I finally watch it. OTOH, I'm not sure Lee can even keep the points straight.

Do you have an iPhone? B/c there is a new BTN app that gives you all the radio streams for the games. You could listen to Lee or the Purdue guys if you can't stomach the pain of DL's nonsense.

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/generic/about_us/iphone

Just send Learfield a link to Gopher Hole. That should do the trick.

Do you have an iPhone? B/c there is a new BTN app that gives you all the radio streams for the games. You could listen to Lee or the Purdue guys if you can't stomach the pain of DL's nonsense.

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/generic/about_us/iphone

I do have an iPhone. I may have to do that. The Hoosier guys probably know more about our team than the 'CCO clown squad. At least they'll be telling me who actually has the ball, and what yard line its on. Thx for the tip!

We promised our daughter we'd take her to a waterpark in the Dells if she read 20 books over the summer. Well, lo & behold she called our bluff.

Only 20? Man, my sister and I had a competition one summer and I cranked out 68 books. My sister read over 100. In my defense I was only 14 at the time and my sister was in college.

Only 20? Man, my sister and I had a competition one summer and I cranked out 68 books. My sister read over 100. In my defense I was only 14 at the time and my sister was in college.

In my daughter's defense, she's only 8. But I agree that we should have set the bar a little higher.

68 is pretty impressive. I don't think I could have pulled that off at 14. Unless issues of "The Silver Surfer" counted towards the total. And I respect that you're man enough to admit your sister kicked your azz in something. Did you play her in tackle football to make up for it?

20 books seems like quite a bit to me, how long of books are we talking? Plus, you can raise the amount each summer and before you know it she will be a reading machine.
________
Yamaha diversion history

Recently I filled out a questionnaire online about Dave Lee that came from a link on this site. Much to my surprise a representative from Learfield actually called me and asked me to explain what it is about Mr. Lee that is bothering me.

Of course it was easy to go on and on, which I did, about his inaccuracies, misreads, lack of clear description, general lack of knowledge about football, his lack of preparation, etc.

Have any of you received a call like this? He said during the past week or 10 days he has gotten a lot of complaints about this guy.

It sounded like he was following up on a number on the concerns of many of those Gopher listeners who send in their thoughts.

This would be a good time for others to follow suit. Maybe, just maybe it could get those thinking of putting a voice to the Gophers that we could all listen to!

If someone from Learfield said they are getting complaints and talking to anybody about it, I suggest they get fired for being so nonprofessional.

Dave Lee = Dead Man Talking 11:00 A.M. Sat I have to steel my nerves for this goof- can you imagine being Mona or DT?

What was the point of filling out that stupid survey for season ticket holders. I politely pointed out how horrible Lee is and then I hear that this drip from Learfield insinuates that complaints have never been filed. What is going on at the U??? Did the athletic department not take the public seriously? Shame on me for thinking that the U wanted to actually improve the athletic department.

Just sent a note to Learfield

I cannot believe they stick with him. If Brewster should be fired Lee should be executed....:mad:

Anyways.... better announcers and coaches to come......:)

I cannot believe they stick with him. If Brewster should be fired Lee should be executed....:mad:

Anyways.... better announcers and coaches to come......:)

Maybe you could do better. "executed"? your an asshole.

Seriously

You all are complaining about the play by play guy??? Here's an idea....go to the game and stop listening to the radio!!! Or watch TV and listen to them. Good Lord, as a whole Native Gopher fans complain about more that has less to do with the teams than any fanbase I've ever been associated with.

You all are complaining about the play by play guy??? Here's an idea....go to the game and stop listening to the radio!!! Or watch TV and listen to them. Good Lord, as a whole Native Gopher fans complain about more that has less to do with the teams than any fanbase I've ever been associated with.

I see where people are coming from on this as this was not a transition from Joe Montana to Steve Young, instead they replaced Joe Montana with Spurgeon Wynn.

Did you ever think that some people can't go to every game or can't watch every game on tv? Maybe they have a job and have to work on Saturdays. Maybe they have to be traveling on game day.

Secondly, he's bad. He's really bad. He can't get the players' names right; it makes it very tough to even follow the game sometimes.

Edit: don't you think it's hypocritical to be complaining about people complaining?

I will be the one to stick up for Dave Lee here. I think he's a complete buffoon - the perfect complement to our football team. Just step back and look at the comedy here. Gopher football... Dave Lee. Botched play... botched play-by-play. Whatever he says, you know you're not missing anything worthwhile. He is an existential joke, sent by the ghosts of Minnesota's fallen WWI veterans in revenge for tearing down their Memorial Stadium.

Yes, Gopher football and Dave Lee go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I am season ticket holder and go to the games

I like many others are head set geeks and enjoy listening to the game while watching it live - I get the double whammy every home game - watching an inept football team while listening to aninept play by play guy - here is the bottom line -- Dave Lee is total agony to listen to - he takes a horrible game day experience and makes it worse - Please can somebody take the lead on this and get rid of him

Two words to remember Mike Grimm. I would love to see Dave Lee dumped from play by play duties, but it's no guarantee the replacement isn't going to be horrible himself.

Two words to remember Mike Grimm. I would love to see Dave Lee dumped from play by play duties, but it's no guarantee the replacement isn't going to be horrible himself.

Just think if Dave Lee was replaced by Sid. All the Gophers would be named Smith or Jones and all the opponents would be 'that genius'.

"Did you ever look in the mirror and say how goofy am I."

If you think broadcasting is easy then go ahead and try it. That way we can make fun of you

Wow. Dave Lee reads the Gopherhole? I had no idea he had that much interest in Gopher sports. "McKnight with the carry for 5 yards bringing up 2nd and 7".

Top Bottom