Lee Campbell sets record for most pounds lost in a practice

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this blog update from Youngblood:

Greetings.

A good while after practice Friday Lee Campbell came out of the Gophers’ locker room. He raised his hand and said, ”I have the record.”
For what? For weight lost during a full-pads practice in 90 degree heat. Friday was the Gophers’ first full-pads practice, and the heat only made it more intense, leading to Campbell dropping nine pounds during the session. No problem, of course. The players work hard to get to maximum hydration before going out on the field and work hard to pound fluids after coming off of it.
”I’ll be back up by tomorrow,” Campbell said.
It was warm. After practice the lines for the ice tubs were long.

Here are some other Friday tidbits:

–Linebacker Gary Tinsley was held out because of hamstring soreness. It’s not a big deal, coach Tim Brewster said. The team just didn’t want it becoming a nagging issue.

–As was the case during spring ball, Brewster said the Gophers defense has been ahead of the offense during the first week. But the offense, Brewster said, executed well in goal-line sets Friday.

–Tomorrow is the first of two-a-days. The Gophers will practice in the morning in pads, in the afternoon either in shells or just helmets. Tomorrow afternoon’s workout will be at TCF Bank Stadium. ”It will be fun for all of us,” Brewster said. ”It’s a special place, and some of our guys still haven’t been in there. It will be the first opportunity for the team to go in there as a group and get a feel for it.

–Brewster said freshman punter Dan Orseske has displayed impressive leg strength. ”Very powerful leg,” Brewster said. ”He’s in competition with Blake Haudan, but he has the potention to be an outstanding punter. He’s been well-coached. He came in ready to go.”
That’s about it. Have a good weekend.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs.../?location_refer=Homepage:PromoScroller:Blogs

Go Gophers!!

That's nothing. I lost 12 lbs. in a pre-season half-game scrimmage. No joke!

I'm pleased to hear the defense is ahead of the offense. I think our offense will be just fine (although the o-line concerns me a bit, not because of talent or coaching but because they haven't played together long).

Top Bottom