Leach To Maryland!

nope. leach is still psychotic.

Not at all. Im glad we hired coach kill

No I don't mean lik that, I mean i'd rather have Leach but i'm happy with our coach. I just mean these guys who kno for a fact they wouldn't hire him. or say he won't get a BCS job this year. or how he wasn't serious about taking any jobs. This shows he would have come here.

Leach is a great coach but he bring a ton of baggage. I can't blame Maturi or Bruininks for not wanting to hire him. I don't feel stupid at all either because I'm quite happy with Coach Kill.

If this is true, awesome. But it does show how influential shoe brands have become. Nike schools wouldn't touch him, but an UA school opened up and voilà! Good for Maryland.

Wow.... Well.... It gets cold in Maryland right?

We will see that air-raid offense in the cold!

No I don't mean lik that, I mean i'd rather have Leach but i'm happy with our coach. I just mean these guys who kno for a fact they wouldn't hire him. or say he won't get a BCS job this year. or how he wasn't serious about taking any jobs. This shows he would have come here.

He would have gone anywhere ..

Maturi the Badger made a huge mistake and it will set back the program for years, but whatever I will support the mediocre Kill.

Maturi the Badger made a huge mistake and it will set back the program for years, but whatever I will support the mediocre Kill.
Yes because Kill results at other schools have shown the best he can do is get us to mediocre... The guy hasn't even coached a game yet at Minnesota. Wait for the results before you start making assumptions.

Good. One of my alma maters - so more to cheer now. But I think Leach would have been a bomb waiting to go off in a Minnesota environment. For now, I'm happy with Kill, whose style - if NIU's showing tonight is an example - seems just right for us.

Kill was the best available from the beginning with Leach's unMinnesotan likabilities. He will be better than most believe, mostly lacks the big name.

I might add that we are lucky to have him because Maturi chased after a lot of coaches who would not done as well as Kill here. Maturi scared off all the name coaches.

Good riddance! I was one who thought no FBS program would touch this PR train wreck. Having been to Maryland a few times and having enjoyed their campus, I have always rooted for them - no longer. Would not be surprised by quick success on the football field followed by the inevitable implosion! This guy's ego is bound to again cause him problems. Over/under on his next lawsuit is 3 years. Thank goodness a pirate ship can't sail to MN but I guess it can to Maryland. Gives a new meaning to Arrr - fear the turtle!

The fact remains that Maturi is a badger and should never been making program changing decisions for the GOPHERS!

So we should expect Maryland to be winning a BCS bowl in 2, 3 seasons? Right? Leach is the second coming, right? Only guy who could lead a down on its luck program to the promised land, right?

So we should expect Maryland to be winning a BCS bowl in 2, 3 seasons? Right? Leach is the second coming, right? Only guy who could lead a down on its luck program to the promised land, right?
Maybe not winning a BCS Bowl, but I wouldn't bet against the Terps winning the ACC. If I'm FSU and Clemson, I'm not happy about this.

I'm excited to see how they do. ACC defenses should be afraid.

I figured he'd coach again. I thought it would be another year. Interesting to see how he does.

As per an earlier comment, Maryland is hardly a Northern climate, even though I'm not convinced that the Air Raid couldn't have worked here.

Leach will not be coach. Bogey.

well he was rummored for every vacancy.... at some point sh!t has to stick to the wall....

Good riddance! I was one who thought no FBS program would touch this PR train wreck. Having been to Maryland a few times and having enjoyed their campus, I have always rooted for them - no longer. Would not be surprised by quick success on the football field followed by the inevitable implosion! This guy's ego is bound to again cause him problems. Over/under on his next lawsuit is 3 years. Thank goodness a pirate ship can't sail to MN but I guess it can to Maryland. Gives a new meaning to Arrr - fear the turtle!

Biased much? Way to make assumptions on zero fact and all speculation. Can't believe some of you fools..

I'll believe it when the final word is in. On the surface it seems like a much better fit for Leach than MN. I just don't think his system would have worked here and in the B1G Ten. We will never know...wait maybe the B1G Ten will expand and Maryland will be in.

- Didn't think he'd get a good BCS job. Maryland is not a bad job.
- Wanted to see him here; I didn't have to manage him.:eek:
- Thought we wouldn't take a non-BCS job.
- Maryland A.D. appeared to panic when his "coach in waiting" took the Vandy job.
- Love to watch the Offense and his no Defense policy makes for a lot of 48-45 games!
- Good luck to the Pirate!

By the way, even though he he might take the job, the actual signing of the contract could take years!:clap:

I would love to see Kill & Leach go head to head in a Minnesota-Maryland bowl game, or even a NC game!

I apologize in advance for keeping this thread alive, but the local Lubbock paper ran the Washington Post "Leach to Maryland?" story on the front page of the sports section today (stripped across the bottom).

Lubbock to Leach: "I just can't quit you."

Haha Tx_Goph.. Don't blame Lubbock one iota.

Total desperation hire. Leach won't fit at all. Would have never fit here either. Oh he would have come here but would have been a total nightmare ending in a firing. Just my take. We did far better as it turns out.

Top Bottom