Leach MUST be the guy

Reaction score
If the powers that be aren’t seriously considering Leach, then it shows in my mind that winning, for whatever reason, just isn’t a top priority. Besides, Patterson, Peterson, and Harbaugh, of whom I do not believe we have a shot at anyway, Leach is the ONLY candidate that is a sure fire, 100% sure thing to bring this program back. I am not saying that somebody like Niumatalolo can’t do a good job; however, it’s purely speculative as to whether many of the other candidates on the list can turn this thing around. Leach has to be the guy…and if Minnesota-nice and/or affirmative action is more important, then this program is destined to suffer.

And btw, I think I deserve an extra ounce of credibility because while all of you were defending Brewster, the only two people on this board who consistently continued to point out his ineptitude were thailleagle and I.

Clearly you raw smarter than everyone else, congratulations! Oh wait, you did that yourself.

If the powers that be aren’t seriously considering Leach, then it shows in my mind that winning, for whatever reason, just isn’t a top priority. Besides, Patterson, Peterson, and Harbaugh, of whom I do not believe we have a shot at anyway, Leach is the ONLY candidate that is a sure fire, 100% sure thing to bring this program back. I am not saying that somebody like Niumatalolo can’t do a good job; however, it’s purely speculative as to whether many of the other candidates on the list can turn this thing around. Leach has to be the guy…and if Minnesota-nice and/or affirmative action is more important, then this program is destined to suffer.

And btw, I think I deserve an extra ounce of credibility because while all of you were defending Brewster, the only two people on this board who consistently continued to point out his ineptitude were thailleagle and I.

You are here by awarded two ounces of credibility. Personaly I would prefer two ounces of gin.

He would be exciting

But I don't think it will happen. This is such a monumental hire for the U, I can't see them taking anyone with even an ounce of controversy attached to him. But I've been wrong several times before. My guess is it will be someone who has never been mentioned on Gopherhole, kind of like how Tubby came out of the blue (no pun intended).

The Denver Post reported that Colorado has already made it clear that they will not even consider Leach. "Too much baggage," was the quote. Leach is a sure-fire, 100% over-rated, cocky SOB. No to Leach.

Maybe it's because they don't want all the baggage that he would bring with him. Stop acting like Leach is the only coach who can bring this program back. If her were a stand up guy he'd still be coaching at Texas Tech.

Give it up. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment. It is not going to happen.

Maybe it's because they don't want all the baggage that he would bring with him. Stop acting like Leach is the only coach who can bring this program back. If her were a stand up guy he'd still be coaching at Texas Tech.

Not how it went down. The admin down here did the same thing that Maturi did....extend the coach and then can him the following year.

They are praying the wrongful termination lawsuit isn't won by Leach. They wanted to get out from under that contract that Leach signed 11 months earlier...and used the shed thing as an excuse. Their admin you can argue is worse than ours.

GM

We'll see where Leach ends up. Maybe every program in the country thinks he's kryptonite.

If there are a considerable number of openings and he doesn't end up in any of them, the likely conclusion is that there's more than meets the eye about Leach and it probably doesn't have that much to do with Adam James (which everyone will use as the excuse).

Nice revisionist history Charles....

You may have badmouthed Brewster from the start, but you and your man crush on Grinnin Glen ain't gonna win you any points here.

The Denver Post reported that Colorado has already made it clear that they will not even consider Leach. "Too much baggage," was the quote. Leach is a sure-fire, 100% over-rated, cocky SOB. No to Leach.

So just because Colorado won't touch him means we shouldn't either? Did you even do any homework on Leach or just drank the syrup that ESPN posts? He's far from over-rated (10 years in Lubbuck, 10 bowl games.. Mase doesn't even have that record with us), cocky SOB? That's the type we need in here.. Not some Minnesota-nice, rah rah, you guys are the best crap. We tried that, remember?

Leach IS an answer to our problems. Not saying he's the only one, but he is one of them.

Leach is easily the top candidate, no question.

But he is not even up for consideration. At least thats what all the reports have been saying

If the powers that be aren?t seriously considering Leach, then it shows in my mind that winning, for whatever reason, just isn?t a top priority. Besides, Patterson, Peterson, and Harbaugh, of whom I do not believe we have a shot at anyway, Leach is the ONLY candidate that is a sure fire, 100% sure thing to bring this program back. I am not saying that somebody like Niumatalolo can?t do a good job; however, it?s purely speculative as to whether many of the other candidates on the list can turn this thing around. Leach has to be the guy?and if Minnesota-nice and/or affirmative action is more important, then this program is destined to suffer.

This is improper grammar.
________
Buy no2 vaporizer

If the powers that be aren?t seriously considering Leach, then it shows in my mind that winning, for whatever reason, just isn?t a top priority. Besides, Patterson, Peterson, and Harbaugh, of whom I do not believe we have a shot at anyway, Leach is the ONLY candidate that is a sure fire, 100% sure thing to bring this program back. I am not saying that somebody like Niumatalolo can?t do a good job; however, it?s purely speculative as to whether many of the other candidates on the list can turn this thing around. Leach has to be the guy?and if Minnesota-nice and/or affirmative action is more important, then this program is destined to suffer.

And associating yourself with one of the biggest losers on the forum doesn't make you look any better.
________
F2004

A Leach offense in the upper Midwest? No. Need a power running-based offense like we had under Mason, like Wisconsin has, like Michigan and OSU and PSU always have. Like D2 number one ranked UMD has. Pass opportunistically. Rebuild MN's running game to keep us in games then start trying to recruit defensive players -- much harder to do. Phase one is to get back to Mason-era competitiveness. That's going to take several years. Then try to convince area kids that it's OK to play at MN and build a defense. The notion that we can hire some hot coach and turn this program around in one or two years is naive.

We didn't really have a power running game under Mason. The offense wasn't based on blasting people out of the way, but involved small fast linemen opening holes quickly.

A Leach offense in the upper Midwest? No. Need a power running-based offense like we had under Mason, like Wisconsin has, like Michigan and OSU and PSU always have. Like D2 number one ranked UMD has. Pass opportunistically. Rebuild MN's running game to keep us in games then start trying to recruit defensive players -- much harder to do. Phase one is to get back to Mason-era competitiveness. That's going to take several years. Then try to convince area kids that it's OK to play at MN and build a defense. The notion that we can hire some hot coach and turn this program around in one or two years is naive.

First of all, it should not take too many years to get back to Mason level competitiveness. And second, why can't we throw the ball just because we're in the Midwest? This argument makes no sense at all.
________
Ecig Forum

A Leach offense in the upper Midwest? No. Need a power running-based offense like we had under Mason, like Wisconsin has, like Michigan and OSU and PSU always have. Like D2 number one ranked UMD has..

NO NO NO....WE don't NEED that. You just want that, to go with the crowd and the other teams. To get the nicey nice PC coach. Did you ever watch that TT offense when they were firing on all cylinders? (which was most of the time) They lit defenses up and these were not mediocre defenses these were elite defenses. We need a strong personality players coach. That is committed to changing attitudes and winning. That doesn't give a rats ass what people think.

First of all, it should not take too many years to get back to Mason level competitiveness. And second, why can't we throw the ball just because we're in the Midwest? This argument makes no sense at all.
I didn't say you can't throw the ball -- I said you shouldn't throw the ball on every down especially in cold, windy, late-season games or late in games when you're trying to secure a win. Fundamental football begins with rushing and includes passing when weaknesses in the defense are noticed or created. I know there are different philosophies about football systems -- I believe in a balanced attack but based on rushing.

NO NO NO....WE don't NEED that. You just want that, to go with the crowd and the other teams. To get the nicey nice PC coach. Did you ever watch that TT offense when they were firing on all cylinders? (which was most of the time) They lit defenses up and these were not mediocre defenses these were elite defenses. We need a strong personality players coach. That is committed to changing attitudes and winning. That doesn't give a rats ass what people think.
And I have no objection to Leach's personality.

Thought that giving Chucky credibility . . .

Was either the cause or the effect of drinking. Just like all other problems.

You are here by awarded two ounces of credibility. Personaly I would prefer two ounces of gin.

i'm thinking if the next coach were Leach, Bellotti, Fulmer, Franchione et al that we'd already have some insight or leaks by now. I think these are all wonderful choices, I just think the U has something else in mind - pure speculation

I'm guessing conversations are ongoing with a current coach's representatives. I think the U has a much better understanding of it's brand this time around and what it has to offer and how to communicate this - and have already found some coaches that comprehend and appreciate the brand. I'm guessing that it will be a coach as interested in developing skills and character as much as winning - and tired of meddlesome boosters and parents. They'll see Minnesota as being less stress because they'll have the same level of accountability but more authority...because they'll have greater support from the community for doing the right things for character development...even if it means putting a W at risk.

I think there will be a top 20 coach out there for us. That said, I wouldn't know which top 20 list to use. But, I _don't_ think the hire will be viewed as a stepping stone, but rather an opportunity to do coaching "the right way" for a well respected coach...with a passion for coaching and an intolerance for side distractions and meddling.

I would be less surprised if our next coach is a Spurrier, UM, Saban and more surprised if it ends up being an "up and comer"...and I don't think it will be Leach

then again, I didn't think we'd beat the Illini today. Lair's "we feel no one can stop us" come true

I didn't say you can't throw the ball -- I said you shouldn't throw the ball on every down especially in cold, windy, late-season games or late in games when you're trying to secure a win. Fundamental football begins with rushing and includes passing when weaknesses in the defense are noticed or created. I know there are different philosophies about football systems -- I believe in a balanced attack but based on rushing.

Well you are certainly entitled to your beliefs. I think you can win by running or passing as long as you do it well.
________
N52

The press conferences would be awesome. The fat little girlfriends would never allow him to be hired. It would be fun to see what would happen though.

Top Bottom