LB Reggie Spearman: "I really like Minnesota...I really like the coach."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I can't read the entire article as its an Insider article, but this quote is front and center:

“I really like Minnesota,” Spearman said. “They’re in need for linebackers, and I really like the coach and I can’t wait to take a visit.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...o.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post?id=2772

Dpod - I believe you are an Insider, any additional insight from Spearman that Gopher fans may find of interest? Thanks.

Go Gophers!!

I can't read the entire article as its an Insider article, but this quote is front and center:

“I really like Minnesota,” Spearman said. “They’re in need for linebackers, and I really like the coach and I can’t wait to take a visit.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...o.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post?id=2772

Dpod - I believe you are an Insider, any additional insight from Spearman that Gopher fans may find of interest? Thanks.

Go Gophers!!

"One offer Spearman was relieved to receive was the one he picked up from Houston late last week. The Cougars have been interested in Spearman for a while, but it was not until just recently the coaching staff decided to pull the trigger.

“I’ve been talking to Houston for quite a while now. They got a copy of my transcript, we talked about it and finally got my film to the head coach and he looked at it and said it’s a sure thing,” Spearman said.

“I really wanted that University of Houston offer. I’m loving it right now. I really like the school, and I can’t wait to visit.

Nearby Northern Illinois also offered last week. Spearman is familiar with a lot of the players on the Huskies’ roster as a handful are from Chicago.

“That’s my home school. I know a couple guys there,” he said. “I definitely like that it’s close to home and I can have all my family come out to the games. I can just walk a couple blocks and be home. I really like the stadium, the head coach -- he’s straight with me and I like that.”

A former Indiana commit, Spearman is still considering the Hoosiers and will visit next week. They are still among his favorites.

“I like the Hoosiers a lot, Iowa State, Houston, Northern Illinois,” Spearman said before the Minnesota offer. “They’re definitely standing out to me.”

Spearman was named the MVP at linebacker at the Illinois Nike Football Training Camp on Sunday."

Ice beat me to the full post, but one thing he omitted is that Spearman plans to visit in July.

Thanks Ice/dpodoll68.

It appears as if Spearman has an affinity for the Gophers and the programs led by former Gophers.

Go Gophers!!

We still have a shot... W. Michigan is in the mix.

Top Bottom