Latest Tayler Hill Soap Opera Update

Blizzard

Reaction score
Sorry for even bringing this up but I'm beginning to think it's borderline entertaining -

Minneapolis South star Tayler Hill has a meeting scheduled today with University of Minnesota women's basketball coach Pam Borton, but the coveted senior said the meeting is not an indication she is leaning toward Minnesota as her college choice.

Hill, the metro area's leading scorer with 32.8 points per game, said the Gophers remain behind her top three schools — Duke, Texas and Marquette.

"We'll see how the meeting goes," Hill said of her visit with Borton. "I just want to sit down and talk with her. I want to keep my options open."

Read the rest -

http://www.twincities.com/ci_11339244

I loved this -

Hill said she has a strong interest in pursuing her college career in a "new environment."
"I want to meet new people and play with girls from different states and backgrounds," she said. "A lot of the girls with the Gophers I've played against or played with in the summer."

I'm tired of playing against the same old girls. I'm way better than they are anyway.

I say she ends up signing here because dad can't let her go but it turns into a nightmare for Borton.

Sorry for even bringing this up but I'm beginning to think it's borderline entertaining -

Read the rest -

http://www.twincities.com/ci_11339244

I loved this -

I'm tired of playing against the same old girls. I'm way better than they are anyway.

I say she ends up signing here because dad can't let her go but it turns into a nightmare for Borton.

I interpreted Hill's quote another way -- she recognizes that to reach the next level, she has to play against and with stronger competitors on a bigger stage.

Did you miss the article (I'll see if I can locate it) about how the Big Ten (women) was viewed as slower and less physical than other D-I conferences? This article is the first time I've heard something from Hill's camp to suggest that Tayler has only scratched the surface of her potential, which implies humility more than arrogance (as your post suggests).

Personally, I hope she goes to one of the other mentioned schools because the more high school athletes that find success outside of the state, the more likely Minnesota (Gophers) is to attract the best talent and competition from other states, as well as keep the best ones home.

Win/win in my book.

Hill was at the PSU game on Sunday with her parents and left with 16 minutes left in the FIRST half. She was there a whopping 4 minutes.

Don't know what message that is sending...

Sad thing is with Fox leaving she could really step in and have a significant role. Based on what has been reported, Borton might be better off without her.

Top Bottom