last day of seat selection?

year of the gopher

Section 117, Row 4
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure when the last day of regular seat selection is (before the waiting list starts)?

Not for sure, but I was 28,450 or so and I picked at 11:30 this morning. My guess is that it would be over tomorrow sometime, then waiting list next week.

I think one of my friends picks on Tuesday. Regardless, I heard from somewhere that the waiting list would start the week after next as they were expecting regular selections to bleed into this coming week.

I think one of my friends picks on Tuesday. Regardless, I heard from somewhere that the waiting list would start the week after next as they were expecting regular selections to bleed into this coming week.

Oh yea...didn't think of that. They'd want current season ticket holders to have some cushion with their picks before they let wait list folks start picking (in case folks are out of town, indecisive, forgetful, or just slow to pick).

I was told by someone at the ticket office that tomorrow is the last day, and that people on the waiting list begin choosing on June 1st.

I was told a while back that the last day was the 22nd as well, I also heard that the first picks of the waiting list would be the first week of June.

Thanks all, I'm figuring it's tomorrow. Not crucial information but I've been watching the selections closely (as have many of you) and am curious what the map will look like after tomorrow's picks.

I'm #72 on the waiting list, will I be getting a letter for my time slot to pick? Thanks!

DOnovan. I am guessing we will be getting an e-mail notification. (I am on the list too #14)

What if you miss your time slot, is the U calling people to make sure they didn't just space it, were out of town, etc??

Just curious if there is a plan in place to double check to make sure season ticket holders do NOT want to renew? Or is it too bad, so sad...you missed it?

I waited to pick with a group of people, and on the day I was actually supposed to pick, they called me and reminded me. I'm guessing if someone didn't pick, they were called, and at that time if they weren't renewing, they would tell the ticket office at that time.

I'm guessing the same will be true for those on the waiting list...they will call, and you will be able to wait for others on the waiting list if you choose. You will be able to select until the last day of the waiting list selection. Just a guess.

What about non-payment? There was(is) 3 weeks to pay and of the 30,000 tickets some will unfortunately not come through with the payment. Will the Athletic Department just keep those seats for their own use or will come seats become available late?

I am told that they go back into the pool for season ticket holders to select. What is not clear is if they hold them for people looking to improve their seats or if they just go back to green dots and it is up to us to check periodically and see if there are any open.

What about non-payment? There was(is) 3 weeks to pay and of the 30,000 tickets some will unfortunately not come through with the payment. Will the Athletic Department just keep those seats for their own use or will come seats become available late?

Gophers Ticket Office told me that if the payment are not paid within 3 weeks time, the previous selected seats will be thrown back into the available pool for waitlisters to select from. Season ticket holders then become a "waitlister" when they pick their seats again.

Of course before any of this happens, the season ticket holder will receive plenty of notifications and warnings.

I saw 6 seats get selected in section 211 this morning. So I guess there are some selections still going.

I bet...

...that there are at least a few hundred - 2000 tickets that people just haven't logged into to select their seats..and they are giving those people ample time and help selecting seats.

Not internet savvy...or just not a priority to pick seats....or they are dropping them and the ticket office is giving them a chance to reconsider.

I have no inside knowledge....just a hunch.

GM

Top Bottom