Last 18 + quarters of 08 season

Gopher

Banned
Reaction score
From the point we led NW 14-10 early in the 2nd quarter, the Gophers were outscored 175-62. Outside of outscoring Wisconsin 21-0 in the 2nd quarter, they did not put one good quarter of football together. Not ONE. I wonder if opposing coaches are using facts like this to infuence recruits. Was there a worse BCS team than the Gophers over their last 18+ quarters of the season. I doubt it. The 07 Gophers didn't have a stretch of quarters that bad. That can't happen again, period. We all know what will happen if it does.

You are, of course, correct in your assessment.

I do wonder, however, what your angle is. You just signed up to post here and have, in one day, done nothing but complain about the ability of our coach to do his job. Are you just disgruntled? Why go through the hassle of signing up just to complain?

In terms of your posts, you seem to focus solely on Brewster- not the players (who do the playing of the game) or the assistant coaches (two of whom call the plays). Do you feel that Minnesota currently has the players and coordinators necessary to compete for a championship and that the only issue with the team is Brewster? I must say that I am confused.

Well...

My heart says I WANT the Gophers to win, but my HEAD isn't sure you can have a legit football program at Minnesota any longer. Basketball, on the other hand..........

Was there a worse BCS team than the Gophers over their last 18+ quarters of the season. I doubt it.

Not that it will make you feel any better, but Indiana was worse in the final 18 quarters - outscored 205-81.

Top Bottom