La Velle E. Neal Will Become Star Tribune Sports Columnist

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

After 23 years of covering the Minnesota Twins and Major League Baseball for the Star Tribune, La Velle E. Neal III is taking on a new challenge. Neal will become a sports columnist for Star Tribune, beginning next month.

The 55-year-old Chicago native has built credibility in Minnesota and beyond as an authority on not only the Twins but on all corners of baseball. Before joining the Star Tribune in 1997, he covered many sports at the Kansas City Star, including basketball, soccer, high schools and even an annual local rodeo.

Neal will soon use all these experiences and blend in his own personal views and observations to write daily and weekly columns for the paper and its website; he'll also contribute to podcasts and other Star Tribune platforms.

"I am beyond thrilled to have this opportunity to communicate with readers in a different way," Neal said. "I'm joining an awesome team of columnists on the Strib sports staff, and I hope I can just keep up!

Good move for both. He had grown a bit stale at his job and his analysis and news breaking had been lacking. Good to get some new blood, and he can have some more creativity in topics he covers now.

Go Gophers!!

Good move by the Star Tribune. I have always liked LaVelle's takes on the Twins and baseball.

Top Bottom