Kyle Prater

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
Does anyone think that we have a shot with this guy?
he is ranked #10 in the nation at scout at five stars.
he is a four star 6.0 at rivals

Does anyone think that we have a shot with this guy?
he is ranked #10 in the nation at scout at five stars.
he is a four star 6.0 at rivals

I think with Brewster we always have a shot. If Brew thinks he'll be a good fit on the team, he'll recruit him hard. This guy already has 18 offers and I think it may come down to which school can last the longest.

I would say no, he is going to be big time. He is getting interest from the big boys, so the chances of him remaining the Big 10 are slim.

I think with Brewster we always have a shot. If Brew thinks he'll be a good fit on the team, he'll recruit him hard. This guy already has 18 offers and I think it may come down to which school can last the longest.

I agree. I will never rule out any recruit if Brewster wants him. I think Brewster has a pretty good batting average when going for recruits.

I agree. I will never rule out any recruit if Brewster wants him. I think Brewster has a pretty good batting average when going for recruits.

True and true. But i think its also possible that the reason Brew is a good recruiter is that he knows which apples to reach for and doesnt waste time on ones which are out of his reach. Not saying that this particular fellow is out of reach for the U. If Brew thinks it is worth the long haul in recruiting him, he will.

About 10 months ago, I saw an article saying that Minnesota was in the running for a DB from Florida, who held offers from Georgia, Florida, Miami, West Virginia, and many others. I didn't think we had a prayer with an offer list like that. But signing day came, and he will be in maroon and gold this fall.

Now of course, you can't win every battle. But Brewster has made me a believer that we can get recruits that the top schools want.

If we get Seantrel I think that would probably sway his decision!

If we get Seantrel I think that would probably sway his decision!

I wouldn't assume the two are at all connected. If he is looking for a team with a top 10 recruiting class he has offers from schools that have produced top 10 recruiting classes in the past and probably will this year.

Brew appears to be making some connections in Illinois. It looks like this kid is from the same area as out early commit, Antoine Lewis, which doesn't hurt our chances. Hopefully Prater knows that another 4 star wideout from Illinois, Brandon Green, came into Minny and made an immediate impact. It's certainly not outside the realm of possibilty to land this kid. I do like the post about getting Seantrel though. That kid could be our best recruiter if he decided to commit early (which doesn't appear to be the case). That being said, go get this kid Brew!

On a side note: I just watched this kid's highlights and he does look like the realy deal. Even before I saw what number he was wearing (21), I thought he might be a clone of Calvin Johnson. Silky smooth with good hands and a long stride. These were also highlights from his junior year. He couldn't have been more than 16 years old. Imagine what he'll be doing in a couple of years. Seriously, come on Brew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1CWfk9JSo

I wouldn't assume the two are at all connected. If he is looking for a team with a top 10 recruiting class he has offers from schools that have produced top 10 recruiting classes in the past and probably will this year.

Yeah good point. I wasn't assuming that those two were connected, but I'm sure if we were recruiting him hard and we ended up with the #1 recruit in the nation, he would take a second look at us. Still think we have a long shot to get him, but if we get other talented players he will certainly take notice.

that qb in the youtube video KoolAid poste don Prater looked solid as well...

Top Bottom