Kunle Ayinde: First time in Cali but last time going out on the field with this team

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Looks like this is his last game as a Gopher:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0

New Orleans 2020
Reaction score
I'm guessing he has already or is set to graduate. Best wishes and hope he ends his football career on a high note.

hungan1

Reaction score
Is he graduating on time? He is a RS Junior.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I would love to see KA4 have some success. Unfortunate for him to be remembered just for the PSU game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
I would love to see KA4 have some success. Unfortunate for him to be remembered just for the PSU game.

I agree. He has had some good moments like breaking up a key 4th down pass against CSU I believe.

MGGopher

Reaction score
Wonder if he made this decision recently after meeting with the staff? Otherwise he should've gone out and taken a bow on Senior Day with guys like Anyuanwu who still have eligibility but are leaving early. Anyway, much respect for the kid. Anyone who chooses to walk-on and pay tuition for the privilege of playing for their hometown team is OK in my book.

stocker08

Reaction score
We're going to need a big game out of Ayinde if we hope to have a chance to win.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Spoofin

Reaction score
Way to go KA4!

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Way to go KA4!

Shame he didn't get the TD but great to see him end his Gopher career (assuming he is done) on a high note with the key pick late.

westcoastgopher11

Reaction score
god bless ayinde for not being a liability and actually playin pretty well today - fitting end to his career hats off

DoubleAlum

Reaction score
Looks like this is his last game as a Gopher:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

You're all probably correct, but possibly he meant this was the last time going on the field with this current group of Gophers. Does anyone have the real scoop on this?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Hats off to Ayinde

god bless ayinde for not being a liability and actually playin pretty well today - fitting end to his career hats off

Glad he got to go out a winner and had a good impact on the game. #4 played his butt off for his teammates today. I still think they should have let that touchdown stand as called. It was to difficult even with the zoom in to tell if his foot touched the line or not.

Gophers09

Reaction score
You're all probably correct, but possibly he meant this was the last time going on the field with this current group of Gophers. Does anyone have the real scoop on this?

Fair point, that's at least possible I'd say.

stocker08

Reaction score
Wow! It sucks that he didn't take that INT in for a TD.....but the drive ended in a TD nontheless.

That doesn't matter. The defense locked down a very good WSU passing attack. And the pass rush did not help a whole lot. Good sign for the d-backs moving forward.

Vandy

Reaction score
So happy for this kid.

Local guy, wanted a B1G education, and play at the highest level he could. Walks on. Covers his own bills for three years.

Did everything asked of him along the way. I always noticed him sticking around after practice for some extra drills. Was put in a tough spot last year under pressure and earned a scholarship. Got his degree in for years.

Took a lot of grief on this board over one game in particular.

I was thrilled to see him basically deliver the dagger with the INT in this one and go off a BIG winner.

(addendum) I now note that he intends to return as a 5th year senior. An earlier tweet was interpreted as though he was leaving with his degree.

e.bigelow

Reaction score
Best of luck to him. Hope, if he continues his football career, it works out for him wherever he lands.

Zeppelin Gopher

Reaction score
Glad Ayinde will be back next season. He played really well last night and we'll obviously need the DB depth.

Top Bottom