Kudos to the coaching staff!

Joe Rossi who?

Started out slow this year just like last year. Looking for good things this coming weekend from the coaching staff!

Really helped that the D-line made a push. Safeties and linebackers were in much, much better positions and angles today. Only 1 run I recalled where contain was awful like at Maryland. Very good game called with both the offense and defense. Excellent job coaches! Wish we could have had a few warm up games to work the kinks out before getting into the BiG schedule.

Both offense and defense turned it around. What a shame Gophers blew that lead over MD: they would be 2-1. Gratifying to see our passing game back and Bateman, who had only four catches in regulation last week, haul in 10 for 140 yards. Kicking game better, too, and backup RBs looked good, as did the offensive line.

The play calling mix on offense reminded me of last year for the first time this season. Stacked box = pass, fewer guys in the box, give it to Mo and let him go to work. It was the formula that made our offense so deadly last year. Loved the balance between the passing and rushing attack, way better then just turning and handing it off to Mo 40 times against a stacked box.

Started out slow this year just like last year. Looking for good things this coming weekend from the coaching staff!

I’ve been saying the same thing. We were woefully underprepared both this year and last. I mean, look at our opening damn play of the season on prime time: a pathetic and underprepared special teams fail.

Top Bottom