KSTP video update on Sam Maresh

i really hope that the doctors have the final say in his return to the field. the last thing i want is for anybody to put their life on the line for a game.

i really hope that the doctors have the final say in his return to the field. the last thing i want is for anybody to put their life on the line for a game.

His doctor told him he would have been able to play this year had his surgery been a month or two earlier, it sounds like he should be in good condition medically to play.

how big and fast is maresh

and does he project to be the middle linebacker?

love this kid. hope he will be one of the gopher greats one day. with his attitude and determination who knows! btw - like his girlfriend's old school north stars sweater....in case you couldn't tell from my avitar :)

how big and fast is maresh

and does he project to be the middle linebacker?

He was 240+ and ran about 4.7. As a high school senior he was physically more suited to play middle LB for the Gophers than anyone we had on the roster. I hope he can recover to be 100%. Good luck Sam!

Per his Rivals bio, Sam is 6-2, 240#, 4.7 - 40, 4 star, 14th best inside linebacker.

When Laurinaitis came out of high school, he was 6-2, 230#, 4.7 - 40, 3 star, 28th best inside linebacker.

Now i'm not saying, i'm just saying.

Good situation. Maresh comes in next year and works in behind Campbell and as a RS sophomore, we've got a likely solid-to-potentially spectacular MLB for 3 years in Maresh.

runninggopher, your comparison to Laurinaitis is not that far off base. Although most observers thought Laurinaitis would be a solid contributor at the Division 1 level, I don't think many foresaw that he would develop into the absolute beast we've seen at Ohio State. Another great Mason "get away."

Good situation. Maresh comes in next year and works in behind Campbell and as a RS sophomore, we've got a likely solid-to-potentially spectacular MLB for 3 years in Maresh.

runninggopher, your comparison to Laurinaitis is not that far off base. Although most observers thought Laurinaitis would be a solid contributor at the Division 1 level, I don't think many foresaw that he would develop into the absolute beast we've seen at Ohio State. Another great Mason "get away."

This year does not count toward his eligibility because he is not practicingor enrolled in school. He will be a true freshman next year, not a redshirt. If he redshirts (which I doubt) he would be a RS freshman when he would be contending to take over the starting MLB position vacated by Campbell. Just to clarify that he would not be a RS Soph as stated.

Top Bottom