Koenig/Tyus/Rashad

gopherdiehard

Reaction score
this my friends is exactly what minnesota needs.. koenig turns down his "dream" school to play for his home state school because he takes pride in where he comes from.. too many kids bolt for supposed greener pasteurs but not in wisconsin or iowa. Minnesota however especially in football is different everyone leaves to go else where and fizzels out gets lost in the shuffle, instead of taking pride in being from minnesota and trying to build something.... Basketball all it takes is 2 big time recruits and it can turn around a program completely (kentucky),, tubby has done a good job getting the best in state talent since hes been here and its showed for the most part.. 2014 is critical in making the program take off, the talent pool the last few years hasnt been great but Tyus, Rashad and whoever else develops into a high D1 talent (travis theissen) needs to take this program to the next level.. also i heard that jahlil okafor (number 4 nationally) said he would play wherever tyus plays so take that for what its worth.
We need the class of 2014 to be minnesotas best...

this my friends is exactly what minnesota needs.. koenig turns down his "dream" school to play for his home state school because he takes pride in where he comes from.. too many kids bolt for supposed greener pasteurs but not in wisconsin or iowa. Minnesota however especially in football is different everyone leaves to go else where and fizzels out gets lost in the shuffle, instead of taking pride in being from minnesota and trying to build something.... Basketball all it takes is 2 big time recruits and it can turn around a program completely (kentucky),, tubby has done a good job getting the best in state talent since hes been here and its showed for the most part.. 2014 is critical in making the program take off, the talent pool the last few years hasnt been great but Tyus, Rashad and whoever else develops into a high D1 talent (travis theissen) needs to take this program to the next level.. also i heard that jahlil okafor (number 4 nationally) said he would play wherever tyus plays so take that for what its worth.
We need the class of 2014 to be minnesotas best...

Agreed.

This may be hyperbole, but if the class were to include Okafor, Tyus, and Vaughn. Wow, that team could beat any team in the nation. Really hoping they do have hometown pride and can take this program to a new height.

I do think, the team THIS year could be pretty special though as well.

C'mon Tyus, join Ted Williams and Bobby Knight as Sid Hartman's personal friends.

To be honest, I would be really surprised if Okafor committed to Minnesota if Tyus did. If Tyus committed to a Duke/UK/KU type of school I wouldn't be surprised, but one-and-done's don't usually team up other than UNC, Duke, UK, KU, UCONN, Baylor, Florida, and Texas. But then again Center would be the position in most need in 2014 if we got Tyus. We would certainly have a stud backcourt between Hollins, Coleman, and Tyus.

Top Bottom