KMSP: U still deciding how to search for new AD

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KMSP:

A lot has happened in the nearly six months since Norwood Teague resigned as the University of Minnesota’s athletic director. There have been more sexual harassment allegations, another resignation, an outside investigation and an internal audit.

But the search for a new athletic director has not yet begun. According to the university, Kathy Brown, the vice-president of human resources, is tasked with developing the search plan. That means making recommendations on whether to once again use an outside search firm, who is on the search committee, and deciding the interviewing and vetting process. Brown will present her recommendations in February.

“So the process is beginning, in the early stages, and many conversations to take place,” Dean Johnson, the chair of the Board of Regents, told Fox 9.

Johnson said he doesn't know when the search will begin, let alone when someone will get hired — or whether Beth Goetz, the interim athletic director, will become permanent.

“Timeline has not been established, because we're very confident in the work of interim athletic director Beth Goetz. So we don't feel rushed in this matter,” Johnson said.

http://www.fox9.com/news/77094849-story

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What is it about this university that makes it so....'different'?

Well this all but guarantee's Pitino another year. If they haven't decided how to search for an AD yet timeline for getting a new AD and then getting that AD to find a donor to pay $7 mil to fire Pitino this year looks like a bit of a stretch. He has at least earned the non-conference season next year purely out of the Universities incompetence in hiring an AD.

I can just hear the Regents... "Maybe if we ignore this, it will go away."

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What is it about this university that makes it so....'different'?
"According to our computer generated models, this course of action should be most prudent."

Lol. This University will never get out of its own way. Why do we bother torturing ourselves?

“As athletic director, you're not only going to be the CEO of this organization that is a multimillion dollar organization, so you're going to have to deal with legal issues as we've seen in this situation, you're going to have to deal with employment issues, you're going to have manage the personalities of your students, you're going to have to know how to negotiate television rights….But beyond that, you're going to have to know how to shake hands and kiss babies,” Hutton told Fox 9.

Probably no stress in this.:rolleyes:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well sure, anything sounds stupid when you frame it like that.

Seriously though, this is frightening. My recommendation would be not to use the search firm that found Woody, and to not allow anyone who participated in the decision to hire Woody to have any say. Those people/organizations have screwed up about as bad as they possibly can.

I worked at a university. I can tell what people are good at there - going to meetings, lots of meetings, and talking about future action. Making plans for action. But taking action?
Ah, no.

I worked at a university. I can tell what people are good at there - going to meetings, lots of meetings, and talking about future action. Making plans for action. But taking action?
Ah, no.

Don't forget forming committees to consider action, and forming committees to evaluate action.

I remember when McKinley Boston was first hired by the U. His bio listed past experience as 'Member of the NCAA Committee to Oversee Committees'.

As we all know, a camel is a horse designed by a committee.

Insert horse reference: :horse:

Yes, yes. Committees are vital to the process of formulating procedure in anticipation of future action.
It's 4th and goal on the Michigan 2 yard line. Its the 4th quarter with 19 seconds remaining and Minnesota has formed a committee to consider calling a timeout.
and that, kids, is how we lost the Little Brown Jug with no chance to win it back over the next 3 years.

I believe that coach Richard will get this thing turned around. What is nice here though is that if he does not or if he opts out of his contract to scoot over to Las Vegas or elsewhere; then there is nobody to hold accountable. At that point I would propose another committee be formed to figure out who should be held accountable. I will personally volunteer to head up that committee.

I can only imagine in my company, with a loss of key player, sitting around trying to figure out what we should do next for six months. In the business world we call that GOB. I guess here it sounds like SOP.

I believe that coach Richard will get this thing turned around. What is nice here though is that if he does not or if he opts out of his contract to scoot over to Las Vegas or elsewhere; then there is nobody to hold accountable. At that point I would propose another committee be formed to figure out who should be held accountable. I will personally volunteer to head up that committee.

I can only imagine in my company, with a loss of key player, sitting around trying to figure out what we should do next for six months. In the business world we call that GOB. I guess here it sounds like SOP.
GOB - Going out of Business?
SOP - ? Sh!t out of Prospects?

GOB - Going out of Business?
SOP - ? Sh!t out of Prospects?
SOP = Standard Operating Procedure
or Statement Of Position??

GOB = Good Ol' Boys?

They have decided that they don't know how to decide. So they need to hire a decider.

Top Bottom