Kirksey, Horton and cheerleaders

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
1. Kirksey-Suspending Kirksey is BS if it is because he got angry after tOSU. Unless he punched someone or did major damage to something, he should be playing. We need more anger about our situation not less.

2. Horton- My personal Horton highlight from tOSU is when he went all "Brewster" chest-bumping guys after Ohio State MISSED a short field goal that would put them up 34-7 in the third quarter.

3. Cheerleaders- I am not a hard ass, sore loser type, but why in the hell are the Gophers cheerleaders all happy and willing to team up with the OSU cheerleaders for a manuevre when we are losing 52 to 10? Does anyone honestly think if the score was reversed, OSU cheerladers would be all smiles and agree to an impromptu love fest?

Items 2 and 3 are far more illustrative of why we have a losing program than a player going ballistic after being humiliated on national television.

I found your second point to be quite funny during the game. I could understand the excited if the Gophers had blocked/tipped the kick. That was a lot of fist pumping for a missed kick in a blowout game. It is the same as people who score and celebrate when they are getting blown out, I just shake my head.

1. Kirksey-Suspending Kirksey is BS if it is because he got angry after tOSU. Unless he punched someone or did major damage to something, he should be playing. We need more anger about our situation not less.
You don't know what happened and neither does anyone else
2. Horton- My personal Horton highlight from tOSU is when he went all "Brewster" chest-bumping guys after Ohio State MISSED a short field goal that would put them up 34-7 in the third quarter.
You want positive, now you don't want positive. Make up your mind? Brew probably would have done a head-first slip'n'slide dive.
3. Cheerleaders- I am not a hard ass, sore loser type, but why in the hell are the Gophers cheerleaders all happy and willing to team up with the OSU cheerleaders for a manuevre when we are losing 52 to 10? Does anyone honestly think if the score was reversed, OSU cheerladers would be all smiles and agree to an impromptu love fest?
Methinks that no cheerleaders in the nation are any strangers to "impromptu love fests."
Items 2 and 3 are far more illustrative of why we have a losing program than a player going ballistic after being humiliated on national television.
The central problem is Item 4, a complete idiot horseshirt salesman at head coach, the washed up losers coordinating for him, and his merry gang of sycophantic hangers-on defending him despite him being objectively the most failed coach in 128 years of Golden Gopher football.

No way of really knowing what happened, so it's hard to really comment on this.
I don't make as big of a deal out of this as others do. We have very little to be excited about this year. They missed a FG. The coaches are trying to give the players confidence. We had no shot of winning at that point, but we could have turned things around and played well the rest of the 2nd half. They're using anything they can to try to spark this team.
I'm guessing that was decided well before the game started.

I found your second point to be quite funny during the game. I could understand the excited if the Gophers had blocked/tipped the kick. That was a lot of fist pumping for a missed kick in a blowout game. It is the same as people who score and celebrate when they are getting blown out, I just shake my head.

Gary Tinsley is very good at this as well. He loves to celebrate making a tackle after a 20 yard gain. Royston loves to taunt too - when he plays. Players often time reflect their coaches and when you have a bunch of idiot glorified student managers and coaches running up and down the sidelines chest bumping and acting like they play for Oregon - I guess it rubs off.

You don't know what happened and neither does anyone else

You want positive, now you don't want positive. Make up your mind? Brew probably would have done a head-first slip'n'slide dive.

Methinks that no cheerleaders in the nation are any strangers to "impromptu love fests."

The central problem is Item 4, a complete idiot horseshirt salesman at head coach, the washed up losers coordinating for him, and his merry gang of sycophantic hangers-on defending him despite him being objectively the most failed coach in 128 years of Golden Gopher football.

1) Kirksey may provide the fire needed for the future.... I hope.

2) There's positive and then their is delusionally psychotically manic with little basis in fact.

3) "impromptu love fests?" doesn't netnanny block those out?

4) All the more reason to clean house with an intensity bordering on scorched earth policy.

1) Right after the game ended Kirksey threw his helmet in to the turf (looked like it might've broken) and headed to the locker room before the team sang Hail Minn with what was left of the student section. It looked like he swore at a staff member and I'm sure that after the USD game heading to the locker before singing the Alma Mater became a major no-no.

No one else left the field early, so I'm pretty sure this is what happened.

1) Right after the game ended Kirksey threw his helmet in to the turf (looked like it might've broken) and headed to the locker room before the team sang Hail Minn with what was left of the student section. It looked like he swore at a staff member and I'm sure that after the USD game heading to the locker before singing the Alma Mater became a major no-no.

Not singing the alma matter got him suspended? I'm sorry but that great "tradition" is likely to be gone with the coach who started it. I would bet coaches probably swear at players if so I don't have a problem with them swearing at coaches.

If that's the case then I applaud the coaching staff for suspending him.

If that's the case then I applaud the coaching staff for suspending him.

The same coaching staff that left the field early along with all the players (leaders included) after the USD game? If it is for swearing at coaches who don't use profanity then I agree it is a justified suspension.

The same coaching staff that left the field early along with all the players (leaders included) after the USD game? If it is for swearing at coaches who don't use profanity then I agree it is a justified suspension.

They had a different leader then. They were following Brewster.

Do you consider Goldy a traitor when he loses a staged fight to Bucky at Camp Randall? Spirit squads do this stuff all the time. It has no bearing on the outcome of the game. This is complaining for the sake of complaining.
Not singing the alma matter got him suspended? I'm sorry but that great "tradition" is likely to be gone with the coach who started it. I would bet coaches probably swear at players if so I don't have a problem with them swearing at coaches.
I certainly hope the tradition doesn't go away. Its a good one and should be kept. As for swearing at the coaches...um, yea...you don't get to do that. Doesn't matter what they say to you, you don't get to do that as a player. Call it unfair, but that's life.

It just looks foolish. You get blown out again and you're forced to sing with the few remaining students. I'm sure the players hate it.

I can't believe we're at a point where we're throwing the cheerleaders under the bus.

It just looks foolish. You get blown out again and you're forced to sing with the few remaining students. I'm sure the players hate it.

Um hmmm...so a tradition based on school pride should be abolished b/c the team loses? Maybe the focus should be on winning? Because if singing the alma mater to an empty student section is the most embarrassing point of the day for the team then the program has bigger problems.

My Son and I were in the enzone concourse at the conclusion of the game and witnessed Kirksey throwing his helmet and storming off the field. There was another player storming off beside him, number eighty something (couldn't see the 2nd number).

This post screams of lurker. Tradition is what college football is all about. We are on here complaining ad nauseum because we care about the school and its' traditions. FCOL.

I can't believe we're at a point where we're throwing the cheerleaders under the bus.

I'm pretty sure this is not the Urban Dictionary definition of "impromptu love fest." :p

The central problem is Item 4 said:
You hit the nail on the head!

I can't wait until the season is over (and to prolong our agony we have a bye week) and these loser coaches go back to the high school league.

Top Bottom