Kim Royston's dad---you around?

Doc1001

Reaction score
You used to post on here. Be curious to get your slant on your sons injury.

You used to post on here. Be curious to get your slant on your sons injury.

Slant? That's what his leg was...slanted in the wrong direction. It looked god awful painful and it kept his arse in school one MORE year.

Back in my day we would have slapped some castor oil on it, duck taped the leg up and played in the spring game the next week............pansies!

Seriously: It was a blessing and he will be a better man because of it.

"Sunny days? Everybody loves them. Can you stand the rain?" circa New Edition.

Will he be back for Fall practice or are we looking at a Summer return?

Slant? That's what his leg was...slanted in the wrong direction. It looked god awful painful and it kept his arse in school one MORE year.

Back in my day we would have slapped some castor oil on it, duck taped the leg up and played in the spring game the next week............pansies!

Seriously: It was a blessing and he will be a better man because of it.

"Sunny days? Everybody loves them. Can you stand the rain?" circa New Edition.

Exactly, nothing a little butter, dirt, and "tussin" can't fix!

I appreciate the concern.

While I'm not always perfect I try not to comment on anything Gopher related unless it has been made public knowledge by the U. That way I don't become the unwanted unofficial spokesperson for the U.

Mr. Royston~

This might be another question that you can't answer and I respect that but I am curious if Royston's meeting with Coach Kill had any affecton his desire to want to try to return for a 6th season? What I am saying is that during the end of last year and I think prior to Kill being hired, you hinted that Kim probably wasn't going to get a 6th year and that he probably was simply looking forward to getting on with his life (I might have read into that incorrectly). So was it just something in Kim that made him want to go another season and pay his own way to give it a shot or did he meet with Coach Kill and get almsot got re-excited for the program?

I appreciate the concern.

While I'm not always perfect I try not to comment on anything Gopher related unless it has been made public knowledge by the U. That way I don't become the unwanted unofficial spokesperson for the U.

Understandable. I look forward to hopefully watching Kim in the fall.

According to Sid's column today (take it with a grain of salt, please)

Kim Royston, the Gophers safety who missed all of last year after breaking a leg, worked out some the other day. "You wrote I was never going to play any more football," he said to me. "You are wrong."

Mr. Royston~

This might be another question that you can't answer and I respect that but I am curious if Royston's meeting with Coach Kill had any affecton his desire to want to try to return for a 6th season? What I am saying is that during the end of last year and I think prior to Kill being hired, you hinted that Kim probably wasn't going to get a 6th year and that he probably was simply looking forward to getting on with his life (I might have read into that incorrectly). So was it just something in Kim that made him want to go another season and pay his own way to give it a shot or did he meet with Coach Kill and get almsot got re-excited for the program?

Not playing football was never a consideration. Based on what we were initially being told a 6th year didn't seem to be an option. A chance meeting between Kim and outgoing gopher recruiting coordinator Dan Berezowitz changed all of that. He convinced Kim that he should apply anyway. Kim spoke to Joe Maturi and Joe instructed the compliance office too file the mountain of required paperwork.

A chance meeting between Kim and outgoing gopher recruiting coordinator Dan Berezowitz changed all of that.

A positive comment about Berezowitz? Never thought I would see that on this board.

Whatever the future holds for Kim, I wish him the best. I obviously want that to include his return to the field. He seems like a great kid with his head on right.

Top Bottom