Kill's ability drive

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
On the news here it was mentioned yesterday how a fatal accident was due to one of the drivers having a seizure. As these things usually go, the driver whose car swerved into oncoming traffic walked away after the accident, while the driver of the other car was killed instantly. A bad situation and I feel bad for everyone involved, but as I started thinking of all the impacts I thought how the driver will probably not be allowed, nor want to, drive ever again.

I am guessing that Coach Kill doesn't drive anymore for this very reason. Has to be hard doing his job with all the speaking engagements, recruiting trips, etc without being able to drive. Tough condition for those who have it and good to see Coach has things under control. Helps put my season allergies in perspective.

There's a good job for a work/study program. Head coach's driver.

Pretty sure that Kill still drives but don't know for certain either way. I know he lives really close to the football complex so I would bet getting to and from work is no big deal. For longer trips I am sure there are no shortage of people who can get him there.

Pretty sure its not legal for him to drive within 6 months of a seizure. But I am sure hes got plenty of people around him to drive him

I don't know if he uses a driver all the time but I know he doesn't drive from the football complex to Sensers Thursday noon radio show. He has someone drive him.

I thought this was going to be about Kill's drive to get more ability on the team. Lol

I thought this was going to be about Kill's drive to get more ability on the team. Lol

Ditto.

To that point, I think the long-term answer there is "yes."

Go Gophers! In Kill I Trust!

I believe the laws have changed and you cannot legally drive within 3 months of a seizure. I thought I heard earlier this year after his initial seizure, that his wife was driving him around.

I always see his Caddy in the Head Coach's spot when I walk past Bierman but I guess that doesn't mean much

Yup, according to my training at least, you're supposed to report any loss of consciousness (seizure, vasovagal, whatever) to the DMV - I really doubt people actually do this, despite my counseling. Then you're not supposed to drive for three months and need MD clearance after that. Also, you shouldn't do things like swim or bathe alone - yada yada yada.

Yup, according to my training at least, you're supposed to report any loss of consciousness (seizure, vasovagal, whatever) to the DMV - I really doubt people actually do this, despite my counseling. Then you're not supposed to drive for three months and need MD clearance after that. Also, you shouldn't do things like swim or bathe alone - yada yada yada.

This is true, I have a friend who needs a MD clearance for her license. Even if she is cleared it is still up to the discretion of the Dmv.

Also, I've heard Kill say he can't drive and always has plenty of people around him that can so it isn't a big deal.

Top Bottom