Kill speaks at fishing fling (video)

Coach Kill opines on alcohol being served at TCF Stadium. At Brainerd Fishing Fling

coach kill "gets" it.

Wow....he sure does get it. That is how it is at Penn St. Never been to Lincoln.

Get there on thursday or friday and tailgate until sunday.

I can't wait until we get to that point with the Gophers. We loved our long day on the river flats. Wished we could have camped out on friday night there.

GM

NICE!! Well done, Coach K!!

Not a single thing he said had anything at all to do with serving beer at the stadium. Not a thing. What he actually was talking about was how college football is more than just the experience of the game, and how other things add to that experience. Specifically, he was talking about tailgating and removing rules and restrictions designed to stifle and/or eliminate the practice.

It was a nice attempt by the uploader of the YouTube video (and supa) to conflate the two and pretend that he actually answered the question. I'm sure most who gave the video a superficial and/or casual listen thought that Kill actually answered the question. Nice try, but it's not gonna fly. I would still like to hear Kill's actual answer to the actual question and not a rambling dissertation about the totality of the college football experience.

Not a single thing he said had anything at all to do with serving beer at the stadium. Not a thing. What he actually was talking about was how college football is more than just the experience of the game, and how other things add to that experience. Specifically, he was talking about tailgating and removing rules and restrictions designed to stifle and/or eliminate the practice.

It was a nice attempt by the uploader of the YouTube video (and supa) to conflate the two and pretend that he actually answered the question. I'm sure most who gave the video a superficial and/or casual listen thought that Kill actually answered the question. Nice try, but it's not gonna fly. I would still like to hear Kill's actual answer to the actual question and not a rambling dissertation about the totality of the college football experience.

I believe it was answered in the first 10 seconds. Need to know the question, although I would guess it's the title of the video.

I believe it was answered in the first 10 seconds. Need to know the question, although I would guess it's the title of the video.

The (implied) question was answered with a "yes". All of the supporting information he gave was thoroughly unrelated to the (implied) question. This leads me to believe that Kill either: misunderstood the question; doesn't want to answer the question honestly; and/or knows exactly what he is doing by attempting to conflate drinking University-sourced beer inside the stadium with drinking self-purchased beer outside the stadium. I don't think that Kill is an idiot, so I know what I think that he is doing, or at least attempting to do.

dpodoll

The (implied) question was answered with a "yes". All of the supporting information he gave was thoroughly unrelated to the (implied) question. This leads me to believe that Kill either: misunderstood the question; doesn't want to answer the question honestly; and/or knows exactly what he is doing by attempting to conflate drinking University-sourced beer inside the stadium with drinking self-purchased beer outside the stadium. I don't think that Kill is an idiot, so I know what I think that he is doing, or at least attempting to do.

LOL - You are really are in denial if you don't understand that Kill was referring to the sale of beer at TCF when he said "you bet" at the beginning of the tape. I you have any doubts whether this is the topic that is being discussed you shouldn't after he says "I can't drink so it really doesn't affect me". He then goes on and talks about the game experience and enjoying a beer are part of it. I quite sure the Coach Kill is much more comfortable with the sale of beer at TCF than you may be. If you don't believe that e-mail him and see what he says.

LOL - You are really are in denial if you don't understand that Kill was referring to the sale of beer at TCF when he said "you bet" at the beginning of the tape. I you have any doubts whether this is the topic that is being discussed you shouldn't after he says "I can't drink so it really doesn't affect me". He then goes on and talks about the game experience and enjoying a beer are part of it.

This is exactly what I am saying. He answers "yes", and then all of the supporting information he gives is in no way related to actually drinking inside the stadium. He's answering without really giving an answer.

Top Bottom