Kill gets first runner up for Reusse's Turkey of the Year Award (Tubby wins it)

Because he has a lot of talent and his ethic is based on poking fun at the foibles of sports leaders with the occasional feel good column thrown in.

He is entertaining. And maddening. And I am sure that someone, displaying great creativity, will point out that he is a man of substantial stature as well.

quot+The+ads+ruined+Youtube+quot+are+you+serious+It+s+an+ad+_133250828b33c7971528f1701684a097.jpg

it doesn't surprise me that the gophers got the clean sweep from pat r. he hates us. that being said, we deserved it this year. as did the twins.

Same old same old. But it would be nice to change the narrative a bit and have the Gophers give some good news so we don't always have these self inflicted wounds.

Ruesse's anomisty stems from when the Williams Arena crowd would chant "Ruesse is a jellylfilled dougnut."

Do you really believe Reusse has been a sports columnist and radio host in a major market because he is not entertaining? Because he has no talent?

Kill, Teague and tubby all need to have much better years in 2013 or they will rightfully appear as turkeys again.

Here's the thing about Reusse: he can be a very talented writer. When he writes about town-team baseball, or D-3 football, he's capable of turning out some very entertaining and well-written columns.
There's no question that Reusse is a much better writer than Souhan could ever dream of being.

But, for some reason, just being a good writer doesn't seem to be good enough for Pat, so he has to throw in the periodic column where he gets cynical and rips on people, including Gopher sports and the Vikes. I get the sense that it's some type of vicarious revenge for him - it's the short, fat kid who was no good at sports using his typewriter to get even with the "jocks." And, he definitely seems to enjoy pushing other people's buttons. If he wrote a negative column about Gopher sports, and no one responded, he might stop writing them, because he seems to want/need that negative reaction.

Top Bottom