Kiffin: Full Speed Ahead for Minnesota...

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Here's a Kiffin quote from yesterday regarding the speed of contact USC's fall practices this early in the effort:

Reporter question: On whether Kiffin has regrets on the increased amount of contact...

--“No regrets this has been a full speed decision. I just couldn’t do what we did last year. You can’t do the same thing and expect different results and so even if it would have worked, you can’t do that and then go out and put your defense out there and if Minnesota starts coming up the field and missing tackles then you can’t blame them, you got to blame yourself. Don’t be stubborn and just try to do things just because so I hope that this is better, puts us in a better position by the time we get to the opener even though it’s not a better position for us today, physically.”

Here's the full link originally sourced from the USC Scout Board:

http://usc.scout.com/2/1095314.html

Nice to see the game opener against the Gophers as a reason for intensity from an opponent, even USC.

Go Gophers! In Kill We Trust!

If USC loses to MN there will be hell for Kiffin to pay. Let's face it, SC fans expect a win by a pretty good margin (especially considering the point spread) so if SC loses Kiffin will feel some heat. Also, a loss to us could snowball and start a downhill trend for SC and lead to a horrible season. Therefore, I think Kiffin is taking every measure to ensure that SC does not look past us and is ready to play on Sept. 5.

Hopefully Kiffin is ready on the 5th as the game is played on the 3rd. SHHH, don't tell Tommy Trojan or Traveler.

A couple of my SC buddies out in Cali, told me the major base was not trilled with the win verses Minnesota last year. It was too close of a game. This is a big game for Kiffin, but I'm sure he wouldn't want to admit it.

No coach in history has done less to get where they are then Kiffin (that includes Jedd Fisch).

The final Sc scrimmage Saturday had 9 offensive touchdowns. The D is a mess. Robert woods had 3 of the touchdowns. Shut down the passing game/Woods and run it early and often.

Top Bottom