Kicking

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Trickett handled kickoffs last week? Wonder if that has any impact on his FG and extra pt. form. It shouldn't but I assume that Kesich was hurt.

Anyone else notice that Trickett handled kickoffs last week? Wonder if that has any impact on his FG and extra pt. form. It shouldn't but I assume that Kesich was hurt.
Kesich was hurt according to the Gopher radio pregame show. Sounds like it was an issue with his foot. There was no indication how bad he was hurt or how long he would miss. They just sort of mentioned in passing that he was out and Trickett would be handling kickoffs due to a foot issue.

There are tons of kickers that do both. It really shouldn't be an issue.

A bruise on the foot is a hell of long ways from the heart, candy a$$. 😉

Last edited:

Not sure I can recall a program having more kickers with injury issues in a 2 year span than the gophers the past two. Granted some of the stuff last year was Covid not injury. Wrap them in bubble wrap

A bruise on the foot is a hell of long ways from the heart, candy a$$.

IYKYK

Not for a kicker it isn't. It's like when Russell Wilson was finally felled after seasons of no injuries by a finger injury. A guy might be able to hit a touchback with a broken arm but a bruised toe - no go.

Not for a kicker it isn't. It's like when Russell Wilson was finally felled after seasons of no injuries by a finger injury. A guy might be able to hit a touchback with a broken arm but a bruised toe - no go.
Edited w/ emoji to show I was being sarcastic. I wouldn't expect a kicker with a foot injury to play, regardless of which foot it is.

I don't think it had anything to do with the missed kicks. Trickett just seems very streaky, like the kind of kicker who will be pretty reliable and then miss a couple in bunches. See that happen with lots of kickers, they miss one, it gets in their head and then they miss another one.

Top Bottom